- 2-hour guided climb up iconic Story Bridge
- 360-degree views of Brisbane and surrounding areas
- Chance to spot the Glass House Mountains, Moreton Bay and the Scenic Rim
- Climb group photograph
Story Bridge Adventure Climb in Brisbane
Scale one of Brisbane's most iconic landmarks and enjoy panoramic views of the city
Buy as a Gift
- Additional photos (available for purchase)
Why do we love this
This climb fulfills our childhood dreams of scaling bridges. The journey is so much fun and offers incredible views of Brisbane!
WHAT TO EXPECT
There's no better view of beautiful Brisbane and its surrounding areas than from 74 metres up in the air! A climb up iconic Story Bridge will provide exactly that, offering a 360-degree panoramic view of Brisbane city and surrounds.
Your climb will begin in downtown Brisbane at a base camp located directly under the bridge. A guide will take you through all the standard protocol and provide you with a safety harness before embarkation.
One you've been debriefed, begin your ascend up a spiral staircase and onto a suspended walkway beneath the Bradfield Highway.
You will connect your harness to the climb line and start your journey across the walkway to the base of the bridge's southern pylon. Along the way, your local guide will share stories about Brisbane and Story Bridge.
Once you've reached the pyon, it's time to climb the bridge itself! You will make your way up through the inner Eastern bridge arm, which is one of Brisbane's busitest commute points. From there, continue to the south-eastern cantilever arm that stretches up and over the Brisbane River. This spot offers incredible views of the commuters, water and city that surrounds you.
Finally, you will be led to the summit platform where you and your climb group will gather for a complimentary photo. Take a moment to relax, soak up the scenery, and hear more stories and fun facts about your surroundings.
But the climb isn't over yet. After this pit-stop, you will get to explore the bridge from a different angle as you walk halfway across the river before you return to the top platform. Finally, it's time to descend back down to base camp.
Every climb to the top includes a climb group photograph, with additional individual photographs available for purchase.
Total climb duration is 2 hours and total climbing distance is 1,138 steps.
- Day ClimbDay Bridge Climbs begin from early morning to late afternoon. Take in a full 360-degree panorama of Brisbane and its surrounds. From the Glass House Mountains to Moreton Bay and south to the Scenic Rim, enjoy the best views in Brisbane.
From AUD $124Value AUD $129SAVE 4%Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- Night ClimbThe climb time begins after sunset and captures the sparkling lights from the CBD and the vast canopy of Brisbane’s skyline. Descend under the warm glow of the ever-changing Story Bridge multi -coloured LED lighting system
From AUD $134Value AUD $139SAVE 4%Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Child: 6-16 (travel with a guardian, see terms and conditions):
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable clothes that are not bulky (eg. shorts and a t-shirt) as you will wear your climb suit over the top of your clothes. If the weather is cool or wet, the supplier can provide a wind resistant jacket with a hood. Wear fully enclosed lace up shoes with a rubber sole (eg. sneakers, joggers, etc.)
Are children allowed to climb?
Yes, but all children 6-16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian whilst climbing. (Children between 6-10 must have 1 adult per child and children between 10-16 can have a maximum of 3 children per adult). Please note, children under the age of 6 will be unable to participate in the climb.
Do I need climbing experience?
You don’t need experience, you just need to have a go! Some of our friends have even climbed the bridge to overcome a fear of heights. Climbs are run in a secure environment to face your fear and Climb Leaders are there to look after you every step of the way.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the climb start time.
- This is an all weather activity so climbs still run in the rain.
- No loose articles such as cameras, GoPro, mobile phones or jewellery are permitted on the bridge.
- Secure lockers are provided for your personal items.
- All climbers will be required to take a breathalyser test and register under 0.05%. Climbers over 0.05% will forfeit their climb.
- Please note there is a weight restriction of maximum 130KG for the Bridge Climb. This is due to health and safety restrictions on the equipment used.
- Pregnant ladies up to 20 weeks may participate in the Bridge Climb at their own risk.
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable.
- Changes to the date or time of a reservation are permitted up to 7 days before the climb date.
- Climbers who fail to turn up for their climb will forfeit their booking and will not be entitled to a reschedule to refund.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
Buy as a Gift
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews