- A guided tour of Asakusa
- Informative and friendly local guide
- Flexible itinerary in response to the customer's request
- Optional souvenir shopping or hands-on experience can be arranged
- Monjayaki lunch
Half-Day Walking Tour of Asakusa, TokyoDiscover Asakusa with a guide who knows all about the history and culture of the Tokyo's number-one tourist spot!
- Street snacks and drink
What to Expect
On this 1-day tour of Asakusa, a local guide will share all the secrets of Tokyo's most famous tourist spot that you would never know from sightseeing on your own. Start your tour in the historic site of Tokyo's oldest Sensoji Temple. Then walk from Asakusa to Kappabashi, the kitchenware town. For lunch, try a Tokyoite's favorite food, Monjayaki. If you'd like to stay longer in certain spots, the course of the tour can be adjusted upon request.
The tour starts from the Thunder Gate, the symbol of Sensoji Temple
Nakamise Shopping Street:
Visit specialty shops popular among tourists while sampling snacks such as age-Manju (deep-fried sweet bun), kibidango (millet dumplings), ningyo-yaki (doll-shaped waffles), Matcha tea, Kaminari Okoshi (sweet rice cracker). Also to be visited are craft shops such as Bunsen-do dealing with folding fans and Bunkoya-Ozeki with leather items.
Learn how to worship before visiting the temple. Draw a fortune and make a prayer at Sensoji Temple.
Strolling around 'Shitamachi’:
The oldest Kamiya Bar → Hoppy Street → Asakusa Engel Hall theatre → Marugoto Nippon shopping mall→ Hanayashiki, the oldest amusement park in Japan. Take a walk while feeling the lively atmosphere of good old 'Shitamachi' downtown.
Kappabashi kitchenware town:
You can find everything necessary for cooking as well as fascinating food samples.
Eat 'Monjayaki,' a Tokyoite's favourite at the long-established restaurant named "Mountain". Monjayaki is a savoury pancake with various fillings, thinner than Okonomiyaki.
*The itinerary above is just an example. You can freely request spots you like to visit. And the guide will set up the itinerary accordingly. Enjoy the original tour to satisfy your curiosity and request with an expert in Asakusa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Meeting point: Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center, 2-18-9, Kaminarimon, Taito-Ku, Tokyo 111-0034
- Tobu Isesaki Line (Tobu Skytree Line) A 5-minute walk from Asakusa Station
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line A 1-minute walk from Exit 2 of Asakusa Station
- Toei Asakusa Line A 2-minute walk from Exit 4 of Asakusa Station
- Tsukuba Express Line A 10-minute walk from Exit 1 of Asakusa Station
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely