- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us!
- All taxes included
- A small group tour of the National Mall + Washington D.C. monuments onboard an electric car
- A sustainable and low-impact option for covering the huge area in DC!
- A local guide will provide the scoop on the White House, Capitol Building, Smithsonian, and more
- Feel like the Pope in an all-electric Red Roadster
- Learn the stories and history behind the museums and the monuments
- Stroll through the FDR, MLK, and Lincoln memorials
- Be amazed by the White House and Capitol Hill
National Mall And Monuments Tour By Electric CarHop onboard an all-electric Red Roadster to explore the best sights of Washington DC!
- Food and drinks along the way
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
What to Expect
Ready to take on the busiest area in DC? Skip the crowded sidewalks and slide into an all-electric Red Roadster for a 2+ hour guided tour around the United States' capital with a local. The Red Roadster is a personal and comfortable way to tour the National Mall. It's equipped with roll-down clear siding windows that's perfect for sightseeing in the rain or wind. The vehicles are also equipped with warm blankets in the winter for your comfort.
The National Mall tour starts at the L’Enfant Plaza metro, where the guide takes you back to the city’s origins and provides you with some tips for exploring the city on your own. You'll work your way through the Smithsonian area, discussing the best exhibits in each — make sure you bring a notebook because you’ll want to take notes to remember for later!
Next, the tour breezes past the Washington Monument, Holocaust Museum, and Bureau of Engraving and Printing on your way to the beautiful Tidal Basin. Here, your guide will entertain you with the stories behind the watery oasis and the Jefferson Memorial. You also have the opportunity to hop out and explore on your own! The tour does this twice: at the FDR and MLK memorials, as well as at the Lincoln Memorial. At both locations, head out on foot with tips and insider information from your guide, and spend time inside these amazing memorials. Afterward, cruise along the scenic Potomac River with views of Arlington Cemetery before seeing the World War I and World War II memorials.
The tour continues through American history with a drive past the White House. Finally, feast your eyes on the buildings of Capitol Hill and learn the history behind them. Upon conclusion of the tour, ask your guide for an amazing spot for lunch before exploring the rest of DC on your own! From the Supreme Court to the Smithsonian, this DC tour leaves the oversized tour buses behind to deliver you straight into the heart of Washington.
This is a small group tour with a maximum of 7 persons per vehicle. Your seat is guaranteed, however, seating is on a first come first served basis, so we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sit with everyone in your party. Sometimes, the tour will use more than one vehicle, and these travel together throughout the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 10am, 2pm
- Duration: 2+ hours
- Meeting point: L’Enfant Metro Stop – Meet at the corner of 7th St. & Maryland Ave. SW) also known as 7th & C St. (Maryland Ave. becomes C St. on the other side of 7th St.)
- Ending point: L’Enfant Metro Stop – Meet at the corner of 7th St. & Maryland Ave. SW) also known as 7th & C St. (Maryland Ave. becomes C St. on the other side of 7th St.)
Peaceful demonstrations, a mainstay of life in Washington, DC, may slightly alter routes, but they also add to the enrichment of the experience!
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 4 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour.
This tour will likely go ahead in all weather conditions. However, if tours are cancelled under extreme circumstances, your guide will contact you to move your tour to another day.
Additional Information: This tour runs year-round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation. Final decision on cancelling a tour will occur at least an hour prior to departure and all possible guests will be contacted. Due to the popularity of this tour we will not accept day-of changes to your reservation.
Closure of sites: Peaceful demonstrations, a mainstay of life in Washington, DC, may slightly alter routes, but they also add to the enrichment of the experience!
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 4 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 4 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, but please note they will be required to sit on a parent's or guardian's lap due to limited space in the eCruiser. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 4. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
Dress standard: Dress appropriately for season and weather conditions and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip — though not compulsory — is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many the tour's destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on your tour.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
- Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels, including for the Urban Adventure(s) they have booked.
- Local taxes and fees — Unless otherwise stated, the price does not include any local taxes or fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger facility charges, or international transportation tax.
Travellers must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their voucher. We start on time, so please allow enough time to be at the start point before your official start time on your voucher. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we'll do our best to help you catch up. If a traveller hasn't arrived on time and without any contact, the tour will consider the traveller to be a "no show" and the tour will start without them and no refund will be provided. The following start point(s) are outlined in the tour information and on the confirmation voucher:
- Pick-up — If a pick-up is included in the tour, the times the service will be provided are listed in the product information and on the voucher (for example, 8.30 to 9.00am). The traveller should wait in the lobby of their pick-up point during the designated pick-up times.
- Meeting point — If a meeting point is set for the tour, one time will be set as the start time (for example, 8.30am). The traveller should be waiting at the designated start point at the designated start time. It is recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
Cancellations by the traveller: Cancellation fees – Cancellation fees may apply to any cancellations by the traveller of a service provided by The Operator. Unless otherwise specified, the cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations for set tours and made more than 48 hours prior to travel receive a full refund; Cancellations for set tours made 48 hours or less prior to travel require the traveller to pay for the tour in full, and no refund will be issued. Cancellations for custom itineraries ("Create Your Own") are as follows:
- 60+ days to departure – Full refund
- 59 - 31 days to departure – 50% cancellation fee
- 30 days and under to departure – 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations by The Operator: They may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability, or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your tour, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, alternatively, receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
In the case of customers travelling on a Multi-City Explorer Pass, if a tour is cancelled by The Operator, the traveller will receive a refund for the cost of that trip only, and only if the total value of tours booked with the pass at the end of the 30-day period is less than the total price paid for the pass. If a tour is cancelled by The Operator and the value of the bookings with the pass are equal to or greater than the value of the pass, the traveller will receive a 25% discount on a future single tour booking.
Reviews for National Mall And Monuments Tour By Electric Car
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely