- Get up to $10 cash back per person from us
- All taxes included
- 2 hours of whale watching
- Options for a morning or an afternoon tour
- Whale spotting guaranteed
- Possibility to spot dolphins!
- Soda, juice, and water on board
- This tour is only available when in-season, DECEMBER through MARCH
What to Expect
Hawaii is the only place in the United States where humpback whales mate, calve, and nurse their young. Every December through April, thousands of humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Join this tour in Waikiki, Honolulu to spot these beautiful mammals on an exciting eco-friendly whale watching excursion. These trips are dedicated just to whale-watching. You can choose the morning tour on a powerboat or the afternoon tour on a sailing catamaran.
The humpback whale is an endangered species as a result of commercial whaling. In 1993, 4,000 of the 6,000 remaining whales in the North Pacific Ocean came to Hawaii. After the international ban on commercial whaling, North Pacific humpback whale populations increased to about 21,000. At least half to two-thirds of these humpbacks frequent Hawaiian waters during the winter months.
At birth, whale calves can weigh up to 3,000 pounds and are between 10 and 15 feet in length. As they mature, adult humpback whales can reach up to 40 feet in length and weigh over 40 tons. They have plate-like bristles known as baleen in their mouths instead of teeth and feed on krill or schools of fish. Because they're so big and love jumping out of the water, you can easily spot these incredible mammals on a whale watching tour in Waikiki!
This tour includes 2 options for whale watching: morning or afternoon. While you're on the water, spot other marine wildlife such as dolphins and turtles (year-round), or whales during the season of December through April. Sail along the stunning Waikiki coastline and enjoy a fun boat ride. The cruise includes soda, juice and water.
Seasonal differences: Whale watching is from DECEMBER through MARCH. Dolphins & turtles can be seen year-round.
Wildlife guaranteed: If you don't see marine wildlife, come back again one more time for free! (Re-rides only, no refunds. A re-ride is on a trip of equal or lesser value).
Waikiki 8-10am sailing catamaran - departs from Kewalo Basin Harbor
Waikiki 3-4.30pm sailing catamaran - departs from Kewalo Basin Harbor
Frequently Asked Questions
This tour runs 8-10am (excl Wed) and 3-4.30pm (daily).
Kewalo Basin Harbor
1125 Ala Moana Blvd, near the corner of Ward Avenue and Ala Moana Blvd
See whales or cruise again for free on a trip of same or lesser value on the Big Island or Oahu or apply the retail value of your ticket toward an upgrade onto any other Hawaii Nautical trip. Wildlife guaranty is for re-rides only, no refunds
- IMPORTANT REQUIRED STEP: Separately you will receive an email for the Health Clearance waiver to be done by each individual in your party participating in a Hawaii Nautical/Port Waikiki Cruises activity. Parents/guardians also submit a form for each person 17 and under. Answer all questions, review health and safety precautions, and sign the waiver acknowledgment within one day of your scheduled activity.
- Any trips that include food are prepackaged & single-serve. All consumption must be outside of cabin area. Guests may not bring their own food or beverage aboard, except for infants & toddlers. No alcohol may be brought aboard.
- Attire: Come in shoes that you don't mind getting sandy, and are easy to remove. Casual clothing is recommended for all trips. On snorkel trips we suggest wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt for men, and a swimsuit under shorts or a wrap for ladies. There are shaded, covered and dry areas of this boat, and also optional areas such as the front nets where you can enjoy sea spray and more wind. Restrooms for changing are aboard the catamaran.
- Regulations prohibit boats from approaching within 100 yards of a whale and you should never swim with or touch whales or any other marine mammals.
- Refunds are provided only with cancellation confirmed at least 24 hours prior to a ticketed event.
Reviews for Waikiki Whale Watching Tour
Get Instant Confirmation