- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- High-speed sailing adventure through the spectacular Whitsunday Islands to Whitehaven Beach
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Snorkelling the fringing reef
- BBQ lunch with soft drinks and water
- Beer and wine from 11am
- Guided walk to Hill Inlet and lookout (tidal dependent)
- Beach activities
- Experienced local crew
WHERE WE VISIT
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet
- Whitsunday Islands National Park
Why Do We Love This
We love that this tour gives you the chance to explore the Whitsundays in style. Morning and afternoon tea, buffet lunch and drinks (including wine!) included? That's pretty cool.
What to Expect
Explore the highlights of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands on this full-day sailing adventure from Airlie Beach to Whitehaven Beach. Enjoy a thrilling ride aboard one of the world’s fastest commercial sailing catamarans, the Camira. Sit back and enjoy the journey as you cut through the water, ride the waves and let the wind whip through the sails!
On this action-packed sailing trip, you truly get the best of both worlds. Style and adventure! Explore Australia’s stunning Whitsunday Islands whilst sipping on complimentary beer and wine and tucking into a delicious barbecue lunch.
Start your day of discovery bright and early, with departure from the Port of Airlie at 8.15am. After a scenic cruise by the islands to pick up any extra passengers, unfurl the sails and let the wind take control. Speed across the crashing waves and enjoying a truly exhilarating ride through the open ocean. The Camira’s sleek lines, spacious deck and world-class engineering make her the perfect vessel for exploring the Whitsundays and Queensland’s stunning coastline.
Enjoy a thrill-seeking ride as you cruise through the islands and onto the most famous of them all: Whitsunday Island. Here, marvel at the breathtaking pure-white sands. This really is one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Enjoy a tasty morning and afternoon tea of chocolate mud cake, tropical fruit platters, cheese, dips and crackers and a selection of hot or cold refreshments. After 11 am, enjoy a beer or wine aboard!
You'll also have a chance to explore the beaches and bays, take a cooling dip in the turquoise blue ocean, snorkel through a myriad of colourful fish and soak up the rays of the sun on the island. Keep your eyes out for wildlife too, sightings of gorgeous loggerhead turtles and stingrays are a daily event.
After working up an appetite, tuck into a cooked-to-order BBQ lunch featuring locally sourced ingredients. Food includes steaks, sausages, chicken and fresh local reef fish and a large array of tropical salads, tortillas and assorted fresh baked rolls.
Once you've finished feasting, take a walk and sink your toes into the spectacular white sand along 7km Whitehaven Beach. Relax for a couple of hours before you embark on the adventurous journey back to the mainland!
This day of fun even includes an all-you-can-eat barbecue on the beach, unlimited drinks and morning and afternoon tea.
Departs Port of Airlie 8.15am / Returns 5.30pm approx.
Departs Daydream Island 7.35am / Returns 5pm approx.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Whitsundays are located in the tropics with an average daily temperature of 27°C. During the summer months of December to February, the average temperature is over 30°C and during the winter months of June to August, a mild 23°C is the average.
All activities and day cruises that we offer are able to be experienced regardless of the season, so really, the time of year you visit just depends on your preference.
During the months of November to May, mosquitos are more prevalent than at other times of the year. There are also pesky March Flies from February to April (approximately) at Whitehaven Beach. But hey, that's what you get in a tropical place! We always recommend you bring along some repellent.
Yes, we sell a range of food and drink (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic) onboard. Personal alcohol cannot be consumed onboard.
Free wifi on our vessels is something we are working on!
We'd love you to post some pics to social media to spread the news about your amazing holiday with us! #cruisewhitsundays #backpackerdeals
Sorry but smoking is not permitted on any of our vessels in conjunction with Tobacco Laws Qld.
- Child prices are for children aged 4-14. Infants are not permitted on this tour. Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult carer.
- Please be advised that a basic level of fitness is recommended for this experience, which includes bushwalking, snorkelling, and climbing in and out of tenders. High temperatures and humidity are possible, especially in the summer months.
- Changes may occur due to flight schedule changes, bad weather and sea conditions, including tides, wind, swell, sun and rain and other factors in order to guarantee the safety and comfort for passengers, crew and other vessels.
- You must check in with our representative at the location stated on your Booking Confirmation 30-40 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- The company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising whilst travelling with the company, participating in activities, on the vessel/pontoon or other company property. This disclaimer applies irrespective of the cause.
- Where another company or persons operate the service such as transfers, diving and helicopter flights, Awesome Whitsundays is acting only as a Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation lies with that operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Amendments are permitted up to one day prior, but fees may apply
- Cancellation 48 hours or more before departure: no fee
- Cancellation within 48 hours of departure: 100% of the total cost
- Meet at Port of Airlie
Reviews for Camira Sailing Adventure to Whitehaven Beach - 1 Day
Get Instant Confirmation