- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- High-speed sailing through the spectacular Whitsunday Islands
- Experienced local crew
- Time to explore stunning Whitehaven beach and swim in the warm tropical waters
- Snorkelling (conditions permitting) with all gear provided
- Morning, afternoon tea and BBQ lunch
- All refreshments including beer and wine from 11am
- Reef Environmental Management Charge
WHERE WE VISIT
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet
- Whitsunday Islands National Park
Camira Sailing Adventure to Whitehaven Beach - 1 DaySpend the day sailing to Whitehaven Beach aboard one of the world’s fastest commercial catamarans, the Camira!
Why do we love this
We love that this tour gives you the chance to explore the Whitsundays in style. Morning and afternoon tea, buffet lunch and drinks (including wine!) included? That's pretty cool.
What to Expect
Explore the highlights of the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands on this full-day sailing adventure from Airlie Beach to Whitehaven Beach. Enjoy a thrilling ride aboard one of the world’s fastest commercial sailing catamarans, the Camira. Sit back and enjoy the journey as you cut through the water, ride the waves and let the wind whip through the sails!
On this action-packed sailing trip, you truly get the best of both worlds. Style and adventure! Explore Australia’s stunning Whitsunday Islands whilst sipping on complimentary beer and wine and tucking into a delicious buffet lunch.
Start your day of discovery bright and early, with departure from the Port of Airlie at 8.00 am. After a scenic cruise by the islands to pick up any extra passengers, unfurl the sails and let the wind take control. Speed across the crashing waves and enjoying a truly exhilarating ride through the open ocean. The Camira’s sleek lines, spacious deck and world-class engineering make her the perfect vessel for exploring the Whitsundays and Queensland’s stunning coastline.
Enjoy a thrill-seeking ride as you cruise through the islands and onto the most famous of them all: Whitsunday Island. Here, marvel at the breathtaking pure-white sands. This really is one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Enjoy a tasty morning and afternoon tea of chocolate mud cake, tropical fruit platters, cheese, dips and crackers and a selection of hot or cold refreshments. After 11 am, enjoy a beer or wine aboard!
You'll also have a chance to explore the beaches and bays, take a cooling dip in the turquoise blue ocean, snorkel through a myriad of colourful fish and soak up the rays of the sun on the island. Keep your eyes out for wildlife too, sightings of gorgeous loggerhead turtles and stingrays are a daily event.
After working up an appetite, tuck into a cooked-to-order BBQ lunch featuring locally sourced ingredients. Food includes steaks, sausages, chicken and fresh local reef fish and a large array of tropical salads, tortillas and assorted fresh baked rolls.
Once you've finished feasting, take a walk and sink your toes into the spectacular white sand along 7km Whitehaven Beach. Relax for a couple of hours before you embark on the adventurous journey back to the mainland!
This day of fun even includes an all-you-can-eat barbeque on the beach, unlimited drinks and morning and afternoon tea.
Pick up 8.00 am. Drop off 5:45 pm.
We please advise passengers to arrive 15 minutes prior to boarding.
- Camira Sailing Adventure (ex Port of Airlie)Sit back and enjoy the sea air as Camira circumnavigates Whitsunday Island and takes you to the region’s showstopper locations.
FromAUD $219Value AUD $229SAVE 4%Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- Camira Sailing Adventure (ex Daydream Island)Sit back and enjoy the sea air as Camira sails to Whitsunday Island and takes you to the region’s showstopper locations.
FromAUD $358Value AUD $368SAVE 3%Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
Frequently Asked Questions
The Whitsundays are located in the tropics with an average daily temperature of 27°C. During the summer months of December to February, the average temperature is over 30°C and during the winter months of June to August, a mild 23°C is the average.
All activities and day cruises that we offer are able to be experienced regardless of the season, so really, the time of year you visit just depends on your preference.
During the months of November to May, mosquitos are more prevalent than at other times of the year. There are also pesky March Flies from February to April (approximately) at Whitehaven Beach. But hey, that's what you get in a tropical place! We always recommend you bring along some repellent.
Yes, we sell a range of food and drink (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic) onboard. Personal alcohol cannot be consumed onboard.
Free wifi on our vessels is something we are working on!
We'd love you to post some pics to social media to spread the news about your amazing holiday with us! #cruisewhitsundays #backpackerdeals
Sorry but smoking is not permitted on any of our vessels in conjunction with Tobacco Laws Qld.
Our vaccination policy provides guidance in the absence of mandated state-based health orders and/or other Government directives.
We believe that this policy helps to safeguard our valued guests, our employees, and the communities in which we operate across the country.
We will continue to diligently monitor this ever-evolving landscape and will make amendments to our policy as and when required.
Extended Journeys: Guests booked on the below journeys will be required to be fully vaccinated for travel from 1 January 2022.
Extended journeys and tours where overnight accommodation is necessary include: The Ghan, Indian Pacific, and Great Southern rail journeys; Outback Spirit, its camps, and lodges; Sal Salis, Cruise Whitsunday’s Reefstays and Horizontal Falls overnight adventures.
Proof of vaccination will be required at check-in and must be sighted by the supplier's staff.
Any Federal and/or State government mandates requiring vaccination before the date mentioned above will supersede the above date.
The supplier aims to provide guests with confidence that our incredible crews, guides, hosts and fellow travellers who will be with them on their extended journey/tour will be fully vaccinated.
Guests and employees with a contraindication to any available COVID vaccine may receive an exemption provided they can provide a valid medical certificate and record a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to the time of departure.
Non-vaccinated exempted guests may also be subject to additional specific requirements, such as the use of PPE, for example wearing a face mask throughout their journey, except while eating and drinking, or in their private cabin/quarters.
Guests who are unable to meet these vaccination requirements are requested to contact the supplier or their travel agent for assistance with their booking, which will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Guests who are unable to receive both vaccines for travel from 1 January 2022, will unfortunately not be able to travel with us at this time.
In this circumstance, please notify the supplier a minimum of 45 days prior to your departure/stay/experience for assistance in organising a future travel credit or alternative arrangement.
Day Experiences: Our preference is that all guests who book and travel with us on a day experience are fully vaccinated.
Guests may be requested to verify their vaccination status and if unvaccinated, should be aware that they may be required to wear face masks and physically distance.
All government mandates applicable to vaccine requirements for visitors to day venues and service experiences will supersede the supplier's day experience policy.
Day experiences include: The Overland, Cruise Whitsundays day tours, Rottnest Express, Journey Beyond Cruise Sydney, Darwin Harbour Cruises, Eureka Skydeck and Eureka 89, Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures day trips.
- All cruises are subject to sea and weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger safety. Should the company be forced to cancel or alter the package inclusions, our liability is limited to offering an alternative or appropriate refund no greater than the fare.
- Check-in for all island transfers and cruises is 30 minutes before departure.
- Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings.
- The company shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising whilst travelling with the company, participating in activities, on the vessel/pontoon or other company property. This disclaimer applies irrespective of the cause.
- Where another company or persons operate the service such as transfers, diving and helicopter flights, Awesome Whitsundays is acting only as a Sales Agent. Responsibility and liability for the operation lies with that operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation 48 hours or more before departure: no fee
- Cancellation within 48 hours of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellation within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the total cost
- - Meet at Port of Airlie
- Daydream Island
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely