- Tour the wine region of Mt Barker
- Journey to the Porongurup Ranges
- Climb of Castle Rock
- Visit Granite Skywalk
- Accommodation 2 nights
- Guided commentary
- Entry to Porongurup National Park
- Breakfast voucher Days 2 and 3
- Lunch Days 2 and 3
- One dinner voucher
- Wine tasting each day
- Private guided winery tour
- Courtesy pick up
What to Expect
On this 3-day short break, taste wines characteristic of the cool climate and slow-growing conditions near the Porongurups National Park. You'll get to visit five outstanding wineries. Then you'll get the chance to climb Castle Rock to the Granite Skywalk that boasts exceptional views.
Arrive in Albany by air, self-drive, or bus (at your own expense) and settle into your accommodation for a two-night stay at Albany Best Western Motel & Apartments. You can use your dinner voucher for a meal at Rustlers Steakhouse, a short walk from the hotel. Then rest before a journey through the back roads of Mt Barker, tasting wine and taking in the vista from the Granite Skywalk Porongurups, commencing tomorrow.
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before your tour to the Mt Barker wine region. The tour departs at 9.30am and you will visit five outstanding award-winning wineries, tasting Riesling, Chardonnay, and Pinot. These wines are characteristic of the cool climate and slow-growing conditions of this region. Enjoy a shared, local produce lunch platter at a winery and a private guided winery tour.
Enjoy breakfast (voucher included) at Kate’s Place before your tour to the Cambrian mounds of the Porongurup Ranges and a climb up Castle Rock to the Granite Skywalk. This day tour departs at 9.00am and returns at 2pm. The walk requires average fitness. Lunch is at Ironwood Winery, alfresco with views to the peaks of the nearby Stirling Range National Park.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
- Board a flight from Perth and take a taxi from the airport to your accommodation
- Travel by bus from Perth to Albany.
- Self-drive from Perth down Albany Highway (5hrs)
Children are not permitted on tours unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
The tour can pick up from locations around the Albany CBD (within 20km) and return to the same point at the conclusion of the tour.
- Courtesy pick up and drop off from/to Albany CBD (10km) accommodation is available on request and must be advised at time of booking.
- Minimum 2 passengers required for all tours.
- All bookings must be made a minimum 24 hours prior to tour departure date and time. All bookings must be paid for in full at time of booking. Bookings not paid within 18 hours of travel departure, may be cancelled.
- No liability can be taken by the tour, the Owner/Operators or any of its affiliates in case of, but not limited to, damage to personal belongings, personal loss, theft, injury, or sickness whilst participating in designated activities. Valuables should be kept with the passenger at all times. Busy Blue Bus reserves the right to alter the route, itinerary or to cancel the operation if road, weather or other conditions dictate. Any personal expenses incurred by a passenger as a result of any curtailment, delay or alteration of any tour, whether caused by flooding, fire, road closure, mechanical defect or any other causes, are the responsibility of the passenger.
- The tour and/or its employees are unable to guarantee exact arrival and departure times at any stage of a tour and are not liable for any failure to make connections with any other services, or guarantee the operation of any 3rd party service. In the event of break down or other unforeseen circumstances, the operator reserves the right to substitute vehicles other than specified to ensure the continued operation of the tour.
- The tour services may be cancelled at any time due to unforeseen operational circumstances and/or as a result of natural disasters, e.g. cyclones, flooding, operational requirements, etc. The tour cannot be responsible for any costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancelled services. Any costs incurred by passengers as a result of cancellations will be borne solely by the passenger. Affected sectors of passenger bookings will be open-dated for future use and remain valid until used or for 12 months from the date of first purchase, whichever is sooner.
- The tour recommends passengers are at their departure point 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Drinking of alcohol and taking or transporting non-prescription drugs is not permitted aboard a the bus at any time.
- The tour reserves the right to refuse travel to a passenger who does not abide by a minimum dress standard of shirt, trousers/shorts/skirt and footwear. Intoxicated passengers may be refused travel, at driver discretion. Violent, disorderly and/or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and any person behaving in this way may be refused entry to the coach or may be removed from a service. Any costs incurred as a result of this action will be borne by the passenger.
- The tour cannot transport animals as our luggage department does not meet the "Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines" or the "RSPCA Policy for the Transportation of animals". Service animals such as seeing-eye dogs are allowed transport with passengers who require the service of the animal onboard the coach.
- Once travel has commenced, no refunds will be made for any unused services and clients will be responsible for their travel arrangements from that point onward.
- > 30 Days - full refund
- 4 days - 30 Days refund 75% of Fare
- 8 days - 24 hours refund 50% of Fare
- Within 24 hours - no refund
- No refund is given if a passenger fails to board service. Bookings can be open-dated for up to 12 months from the purchase date or transferred to another service up until 24 hours prior to the service departure time.
- Any cancellation or amendment to a booking must be made in writing If your booking is made through a booking agent their cancellation fees may differ to the above and will be added to these terms and conditions.
- Ace Motel
- Albany Harbourside Apartments
- Albany Visitor Centre
- Best Western Albany Motel & Apartments
- Big4 Middleton Beach
- Dog Rock Motel
- Dolphin Lodge
- Emu Point Motel
- Hilton Gardens Hotel
- ibis Styles
- My Place
- Quality Suites Banksia Gardens
- Six Degrees
- Sleepwell Motel
- The Beach House at Bayside
- The Clarence on Melville
Reviews for 3 Day Tour Porongurup And Mt Barker
Get Instant Confirmation