- Return transfers from Albany to Bremer Bay
- Bremer Canyon Killer Whale Expedition
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Expert commentary from the onboard Marine Biologist
- Be a part of the research happening on board daily (Research operating under Project Orca)
- Daily blog & photographs from your expedition to be emailed through to you if requested
- Have your chance to meet Dave Riggs, from The Search of the Oceans Super Predator
Killer Whale Expedition
Take this unforgettable oceanic experience to see magnificent Killer Whales, as well as other marine life such as long-finned pilot whales, sperm whales, dolphins, and sharks.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is one of Australia's only dedicated Killer Whale tourism experiences.
Join in the fifth Bremer Canyon Expedition season for an experience like no other, encounter an astonishing aggregation of marine wildlife on an unforgettable oceanic expedition. From January to April, the full-day cruises visit one of the least explored places on earth. The Bremer Canyon is a deep-sea cleft that lies about 65 kilometres out from the remote southern coastline of Western Australia and is the only place in the country where tourists can experience large pods of Killer Whales, active in one location.
However, it's not just about the Killer Whales. You might also see pods of long-finned pilot whales, sperm whales, a rare beaked whale or blue whale. Plus, you can also admire the acrobatics of large pods of bottlenose, striped, and common dolphins, and encounter shark species that include great whites, whaler sharks, and the beautiful oceanic blue, a species never seen from shore.
Enormous sunfish sometimes surface, and the remains of giant squid occasionally float up from the depths, a predator of the deep reduced to scraps, squabbled over by an astonishing array of pelagic seabirds including albatross, shearwater and petrel species.
Your tour guide and driver will entertain you with stories of the region’s unique history en-route from Albany to Bremer Bay where you will join the expedition vessel. You will not only see an amazing wildlife spectacle but also learn about the research programme which aims to study the vocalisations of Killer Whales and their interaction with other marine creatures. After a day at sea, relax in comfort, enjoy a nap and let your driver take care of the transport, returning you safely to Albany after an exhilarating day.
The journey takes place on board the Alison Maree, the only vessel purpose-built for the Southern Ocean. It's a modern, spacious and luxurious 20m catamaran, providing the ultimate in stability, comfort and safety. It boasts three spacious viewing decks and an air-conditioned main saloon with seat-to-ceiling windows.
Finally, all your meals are also included, with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea all prepared by the local Wellstead Cafe.
Where we visit:
- The Bremer Canyon
Killer Whale Expedition
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
What should I bring?
There are a few small things that are recommended to make your trip more enjoyable:
- warm clothing and rain jacket
- water bottle (1L)
- camera with LOTS of memory and battery
Can you cater for special dietary requirements?
We can arrange meals to cater for all dietary requirements including vegetarian, gluten-free. Please advise when booking (a small surcharge may apply).
- Minimum 3 passengers are required
- The minimum age is 10 years. Children are not permitted on tours unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Passengers should arrive at their departure point 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- The Operator reserves the right to alter the route, itinerary or to cancel the operation if road, weather or other conditions dictate
If you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 48 hours notice before the tour – full refund
- Less than 48 hours notice before the tour – no refund
- No refund is given if a passenger fails to board service
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Albany Visitor Centre