- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Entry to the Cairns Aquarium, home to more than 15,000 specimens and 10 ecosystems
- 2-course lunch at Dundee’s Aquarium restaurant with a stunning sea life backdrop.
- An afternoon tour around Cairns taking in the natural beauty & cultural heritage of this tropical city
- Entry to Cairns museum, plus free re-admission
- Entry to St. Monica’s Cathedral & Cairns Botanic Gardens
- A delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa’s Café
- Photo opportunities in Barron River Gorge & Surprise Creek Falls
- Time to stroll around the pretty seaside suburb of Palm Cove
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort (escaping the tropical heat) with your local driver/guide
- Convenient post-tour drop-off to selected Cairns accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at Cairns Aquarium, 5 Florence St, Cairns
Cairns Aquarium & City Sights TourSpend the morning at Cairns Aquarium exploring the underwater world, before a 2 course lunch followed by an afternoon tour of Cairns' best sights.
- Drinks with lunch
What to Expect
Combine your Cairns Aquarium experience with a 2-course lunch at Dundee's Restaurant, followed by an afternoon of exploration with a Cairns City Sights Tour.
Your day will begin at the Cairns Aquarium, which is home to more than 15,000 specimens and ten ecosystems. It is the only aquarium in the world to exclusively showcase the stunning aquatic wildlife from tropical North Queensland's two World Heritage-listed areas – the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest.
You will learn how a drop of rain descends from the Cairns Mountain Ranges into streams and rivers, through the rainforest, across the mangroves, along the shallow lagoons of the Great Barrier Reef and finally, into the depths of the Coral Sea.
Once you're done discovering the underwater world, relax with a 2-course lunch at Dundee's Aquarium restaurant with a stunning sea life backdrop. Then, at 12:45 pm, you will be collected by your afternoon tour guide to continue your exploration of Cairns city sights and the surrounding region.
Afternoon City & Surrounds
This afternoon's adventure stays by the water's edge at the Cairns Marlin Marina, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. It boasts first-class facilities and picturesque views over the water.
Next, it's on to St. Monica's Cathedral. This stunning Heritage-Listed cathedral, dedicated as a memorial to the Battle of the Coral Sea, houses 24 amazing stained-glass windows depicting the story of creation. They are reputably the largest themed stained-glass windows in the world.
Join an exclusive tour with a dedicated museum guide to discover the Cairns Museum. They'll share stories about living in the tropics, the region's culture, sugar cane, railways, rainforests and reefs. Plus, you'll enjoy free re-admission to the Cairns Museum during your stay.
Now it's time for a break and the opportunity to indulge in a delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa's Café in the leafy suburb of Edge Hill.
Once afternoon tea is done, stretch your legs with a wander through the Flecker Gardens in Cairns Botanic Gardens. It's renowned as one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia. Your guided tour will showcase key areas of the gardens, including the Conservatory and the Aboriginal Plant Use section.
Then, have your camera at the ready as you visit a spectacular lookout with views over the city of Cairns and the Coral Sea before continuing to Lower Barron River Gorge National Park and Surprise Creek Falls.
Finally, the tour heads further north to Palm Cove. Take a stroll along the jetty or beach of this picture-perfect location, fringed with coconut trees. Nestled behind the beach is the quiet seaside suburb, with its magnificent paperbark trees. Watch as the sun begins to set before returning to your accommodation at approximately 6:00 pm.
Where we Visit:
- Cairns Aquarium
- St. Monica's Cathedral
- Cairns Museum
- Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Cairns City lookout
- Lower Barron Gorge National Park
- Surprise Creek Falls
- Palm Cove
- Minimum 4 people to operate the tour & the maximum is 20 passengers
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- All participants must be fully vaccinated and agree to show proof of vaccine status
Cancellation within 24 hours non refundable
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely