- Tour based around the Mossman, Mossman Gorge, coastal habitats & the Daintree river area
- Learn about the cultural connection the Kuku Yalanji have with different environments!
- Try seasonal bush tucker
- Swim in one of the local freshwater creeks
- Guided rainforest walk through the southern Daintree rainforest
- Visit the Mossman Gorge
- Full day or half day tour options
- Pickups from Port Douglas, Mossman and Daintree Village only
Full Day Or Half Day Daintree Rainforest Walkabout
Discover the Kuku Yalanji people's environment with a local guide!
Pickups from Cairns are not available
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is an exciting walkabout tour in the Daintree rainforest!
You'll visit a number of culturally significant areas and learn about the amazing relationships the Kuku Yalanji have with their land.
This tour will teach the history, culture, and traditions of the local Aboriginal people and the area. Walk through the rainforest and coastal habitats learning about the environment, different foods, and medicines used from nature, sample some bush tucker, and collect shellfish. Try traditional Aboriginal hunting practices, have a go at spear throwing, and if you are lucky, catch a mud crab! To complete the adventure, you'll have time to cool off in a pristine freshwater stream. There are 3 options for joining this tour.
The Full Day tour is 8 hours and includes the above (pickup/dropoff, local guide, a walk through the rainforest, and learning about the local environment and culture). It ends with a dip in a freshwater stream.
The Half Day tours start in the morning or the afternoon and include a light snack. The Morning Half Day tour spends the morning with your Aboriginal guide along coastal habitats and learning about the environment. You'll get to sample seasonal bush foods and throw a spear. Then travel to a nearby creek for a swim.
The Afternoon Half Day tour spends the afternoon with your Aboriginal guide exploring coastal habitats and learning about the environment. Sample seasonal bush foods and have a try at spear throwing. Then travel to a nearby creek for a swim.
The tour is a truly unique cultural & interpretive tour, 100% Aboriginal-owned and operated.
Please note: Pickups from Port Douglas, Mossman and Daintree Village only.
- Afternoon Half Day Ngana Julaymba Dungay
From AUD $169Value AUD $180SAVE AUD $11Check AvailabilityNext available: 28 Oct 2021
- Morning Half Day Ngana Julaymba Dungay
From AUD $169Value AUD $180SAVE AUD $11Check AvailabilityNext available: 25 Oct 2021
- Full Day Ngana Julaymba Dungay
From AUD $219Value AUD $230SAVE AUD $11Check AvailabilityNext available: 26 Oct 2021
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
- Swimwear & towel
- Water bottle
- Insect repellant
- Comfortable walking shoes e.g. reef walkers
When does the Full Day tour start/end?
Pick up: 8:00am - 9:00am
Drop off: 4:30pm - 5:30pm
When does the Morning Half Day tour start/end?
Pick up for Morning Tour: 8:00am - 9:00am
Drop off for Morning Tour: 12:30pm - 1.00pm
When does the Afternoon Half Day tour start/end?
Pick up for Afternoon Tour: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Drop off for Afternoon Tour: 4:30pm - 5.30pm
- TOUR MINIMUM: Two (2) passengers
- TOUR MAXIMUM: Eleven (11) passengers
- Please advise at the time of booking of any dietary requirements or allergies.
- No responsibility will be accepted for adverse weather conditions. Due to weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances, the Operator reserves the right to alter the itinerary or cancel the tour.
- Children are welcome to participate under the supervision of a Parent or Guardian. The tour accepts no responsibility for the supervision of children. Children are charged at Adult prices. Parents must accept all responsibilities for their child(ren). The tours are conducted in the fragile rainforest and coastal environment and children do need to be supervised.
- Pickups from Port Douglas, Mossman and Daintree Village only.
- Any bookings cancelled four (4) days of booking date, will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Any bookings cancelled within two (2) day of booking date, and including any no shows will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- We encourage customers to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
- There will be times when the influence of mother nature on a program or activity means the tour need sto amend or cancel the program. It is a decision purely based on safety and overall enjoyment of an activity. When the tour cancesl a trip we will refund any money paid in full.
- Full cancellation applies and will be billed to the Booking Agent/ Guest.