- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- 2.5-hour scenic cruise along the stunning Gold Coast & Tweed Heads region to witness humpback whales & other marine life in their natural environment
- Guaranteed whale sightings or return for free
- Light snacks & refreshments including tea & coffee pre-departure
- Qualified & experienced crew sharing informative commentary
- Departs from the meeting point at 151 Chinderah Bay Drive, Chinderah NSW
Safari-Style Whale WatchingJump aboard a safari vessel for an unforgettable eye-to-eye experience with these gentle giants of the sea
What to Expect
Each year between May and November the subtropical waters of Australia’s east coast host approximately 30,000 humpback whales on their annual migration from Antarctica. They follow the path of the continental shelf which runs closest to the shoreline between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, making this the prime location to witness whales in their natural environment.
Jump aboard our custom-built adventure vessel for an intimate 2.5-hour safari-style whale-watching experience. Observe these beautiful and majestic creatures at eye level with a maximum of 12 guests, while you also soak in this rich and diverse stretch of coastline.
From departure to return you will enjoy the stunning scenery along with informative and captivating commentary from our highly experienced skipper and crew. The crew have a wealth of knowledge and passion for the whales and marine conservation that they look forward to sharing with you.
On this small-group safari, it is guaranteed that you will encounter whales and be truly mesmerised as you observe them in their natural habitat. We are that confident that if you don't get to see them, you can return for free. Have your camera ready so you don't miss any of the action, and be on the lookout for the chance to spot other local marine life including dolphins and turtles.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is colder out on the water so come prepared with layers. We recommend:
- Beanie, warm jumper/ jacket
- Spray jacket/ Raincoat
- Sunglasses & hat
- Camera, GoPro etc
- Drinking water
From June to November on the east coast of Australia.
Behaviours change throughout the season.
If you want to try to see mothers and calves, come in late October or November.
The best time to swim with whales is between the months of August to October.
Yes, we guarantee you will see whales, or we will take you out again for free.
We have a lot of rules and regulations to follow in regard to watching and swimming with whales. Must stay at least 100m from a whale and 30m approach for swimming. Luckily though, the whales never get a copy of these regulations, so if they want to come to us, which they often do. That’s fine!
We encourage you to bring a few light snacks, we provide tea, coffee and snacks pre-departure but there is nothing for sale onboard. We also do not sell any bottled water. Please bring your own, or you can refill your water bottle with us when you get here.
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Any children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Not suitable for pregnant women or anyone with a back injury
- All tours are subject to changes or cancellation depending on the tide, wind, weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- Cancellations outside of 24 hours prior to departure time will receive a full refund less a $5.00 administration fee
- Cancellations made by The Operator due to weather or unforeseen circumstances will be offered an alternative date & time or a full refund will be provided
Reviews for Safari-Style Whale Watching
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely