- Experience the thrill of spotting the northern Humpback migration & Southern Right Whales in Flinders Bay!
- A luxury vessel with 5 viewing decks over 3 levels
- Guests numbers capped to prevent overcrowding
- Lounges with luxury seating (for an additional cost)
- Unlimited tea, coffee, and biscuits
- Free postcard and photos
- Underwater camera & microphone with big screen Whale TV
- 100% whale watch guarantee (June-Nov) or FREE return voucher
- Southern Right whales arrive in late July & August
Whale Watching Tour From Augusta
Spot humpback whales as they migrate in Flinder's Bay!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Welcome aboard the Steep Point, a $2.5M purpose-built luxury catamaran with 30-knot capability. It's the largest and most luxurious in WA, getting you to the magnificent Western Australian whales fast! This luxurious 25-meter stable vessel provides an excellent platform for whale watching. With 5 viewing decks over 3 levels, you're guaranteed to spot the magnificent Humpback, Southern Right, and occasionally, the very rare Blue Whale along with seals, dolphins, and migratory birdlife from all over the world.
On this tour from Augusta, you'll enjoy uninterrupted views of the water from the open bow and upper grandstand deck or a heated interior lounge with luxury lounge seating. You'll also get to Learn the Language of the Whales from the tour's live expert commentary. Plus this tour includes Whale Watch TV Theatre so you can hear the sounds and enjoy views from an underwater camera and hydrophone. There's plenty of opportunities to learn, see, and hear the marine life!
This whale watching tour in Augusta features superior service with no crowding guaranteed. You'll also receive complimentary tea and coffee and there is an onboard cafe with eftpos facilities. With a passenger capacity capped at 72 people, there is never overcrowding. The vessel also has an enclosed viewing saloon with fully licensed bar facilities so you can enjoy this amazing experience in comfort and style.
Expert guides will share in-depth knowledge of the whales as they pair with their partners on the journey north and their return migration south with newborn calves. An underwater camera and hydrophone allow you to watch and listen to the mammals in their natural habitat — it's an unforgettable experience!
- Whale Watch Experience AUGUSTAExperience the thrill of sighting the northern Humpback migration & Southern Right Whales in the pristine waters of Flinders Bay.
From AUD $90Check AvailabilityNext available: 25 May 2022
- Whale Watch Experience - VIP Captain's Lounge - AUGUSTAWitness the epic Humpback northern migration in the pristine waters Flinders Bay, Augusta in 5 STAR comfort and luxury. This is the ultimate way to spot whales in Western Australia.
From AUD $150Check AvailabilityNext available: 25 May 2022
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
2 Adults + 2 Children:
How should I prepare for the tour?
- We recommend taking motion sickness medication the night prior and on the morning of your tour if you are susceptible. (Please consult your Doctor)
- A warm jacket in all weather conditions is advisable.
- Personal camera if required (professional photographer is onboard)
When and where is departure?
Departure time is 10AM (1000) & 2PM (1400) at Augusta Boat Harbour, Leeuwin Road, Augusta. Please arrive 30 mins prior to departure time. Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to departure. Boarding Gate closes 5 minutes prior to departure.
How close do we get to the whales?
It is important to respect the whales at all times to ensure their comfort and to observe natural behaviour. The vessel will not approach whales closer than 100 meters as stipulated in our whale interaction licensing. The whales are welcome to approach the vessel as closely as they wish and will only approach if they feel safe, which is achieved by keeping a respectful distance.
Are there toilets onboard the boat?
Yes, there are two restrooms located onboard that are large and easy to use.
Is this tour suitable for children?
The Humpback season operates over six months and is a perfect experience for all age groups including infants. The tours are approximately two hours in duration and this shorter time frame is ideal for guests who have not travelled on a boat before or have a busy travel itinerary.
- The tour's number 1 priority is your safety and comfort and as such take measures to ensure same however there is risk in all water based tours and by purchasing your ticket you agree and accept that any/all liability is solely yours and you indemnify WWWA, it's officers, employees & crew from any/all litigation whether by you or anyone acting on your behalf for whatever reason deemed to be accidental or negligent. You also agree that these terms & conditions are governed by Australian Law.
- Steep Point is the main vessel to conduct its tours however, the operator can use any vessel at any time for any reason to conduct the tours. The tour can refuse entry to anyone deemed unfit by the Captain for whatever reason to protect the safety of the vessel and other customers.
- Student age is 13 to 16 years inclusive. Child age is 4 to12 years inclusive. Open ocean whale watching experiences are not recommended for very young children. Children and teenagers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children are not permitted in the Captain's Lounge without prior approval.
- Seniors must present an Government-issued Senior Card at check-in to receive the Pensioner/Senior ticket rate. Concession rates apply for Disabled & Carers, Military, Police, Fire & Emergency Personnel.
- It is suggested you bring warm clothing, wet weather gear for yourself and any camera gear, in warmer months sunscreen and a hat, if prone to motion sickness please take adequate medication as a precaution. The tour cannot provide sea sick tablets for insurance liability issues so please come prepared. Please be sure to arrive a minimum of 20 minutes prior to departure. Boarding commences 15 mins prior and the gate is shut 5 mins prior to departure. Passengers in wheelchairs must notify the tour at least 24 hours before tour departure so our crew can prepare the vessel and assist with boarding procedures.
- If you have mobility or health problems you must inform us when booking. Passengers must follow the directions of our staff & crew before, during and after the tour. If you are accompanied by children you are responsible for their safety at all times.
- 100% WHALE SIGHTING GUARANTEE (HUMPBACK WHALES) A full return ticket/voucher will be offered if your whale watch tour fails to sight the Whale of the tour. There are no cash refunds.
- A full refund or reschedule will be offered if the operator cancels a tour. A return ticket will be offered if your whale watch tour fails to sight the whale of your tour. No other refunds provided. Refunds provided by the tour are for tickets purchased through the operator only. All other refunds must be provided by the original seller of the ticket.
- The operator reserves the right to take photographs and video footage during the tour that may include passengers and to use these photographs and video images for the purpose of advertising and promoting our tours in all media in perpetuity and without payment to the passenger/s.
- There is no refund for cancellations or no shows. The tour reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time and a full refund will be issued should a tour be cancelled by the operator. It is the customer's responsibility to contact the tour on the morning of the tour to confirm if the tour is going ahead. The customer must supply a valid email or contact number so the operator can contact them if they have to cancel for weather or any other reason, should the tour be unable to contact customers, tickets will be converted to vouchers and there will be no cash refund.
- You agree to be ready for boarding 20 mins (minimum) prior to the tour, any late arrivals, no shows or no contact will result in ticket/s being voided - no exceptions.