- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return ferry
- Full-day guided adventure out to the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef to snorkel the beautiful underwater world
- Demonstrations & instructions on snorkelling techniques
- Use of all snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, and full-length suit)
- Learn about the reef eco-system from an experienced, fun & professional crew with a passion for the marine environment
- All EMC reef tax fees & mooring fees
- Departs from the meeting point at Breakwater Marina, Townsville
Townsville Great Barrier Reef - Snorkel Including FerryJoin this unforgettable full day snorkelling adventure to discover the natural wonders and marine life of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef.
- Food is not provided due to COVID-19 until further notice - Fridges are available to store your items
- Scuba diving is not included in the price - optional add-on, please discuss when booking
What to Expect
Experience an unforgettable day out on the waterdiscovering the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef and its colourful marine life and attractions. You will spend your day snorkelling on the magnificent Lodestone Reef.
Begin your journey from Townsville, heading out to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park,to find Lodestone Reef. This Central Section is a little further off the Queensland Coast than other sections and as a result, has some of the best sites of the entire Great Barrier Reef. With shallow sections of vibrant coral gardens, Lodestone Reef is the ideal spot for snorkellers to admire the magical underwater world. You will be exhilarated witnessing the spectacular marine life that the reef has to offer whilst being immersed in tropical crystal-clear water.
The reef system here is the preferred spot for the day, chosen for its diversity of sites, great coral cover, fish life and reasonable protection. Big schools of trevally and baitfish are common as well as a myriad of colourful reef fish including parrotfish, Maori wrasse, clownfish and angelfish. Turtles, stingrays and Whitetip and Blacktip reef sharks are also often sighted.
Learn about the reef's intricate ecosystem and discover how the Great Barrier Reef is managed and what work is being done to protect it. Our friendly crew will take you through ways you can help protect the reef and its creatures for future generations to come. On this full-day adventure, you will create amazing memories that you will talk about for years to come. Please be advised guests will need to bring along their own food for the day due to COVID-19 restrictions until further notice. There will be fridges available to store your items.
Where We Visit
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park - Lodestone Reef
Frequently Asked Questions
– For Townsville departures, the meeting time is 7:00am at the Breakwater Marina off The Strand (opposite the ‘waterfall’). You will find our vessel on the fuel wharf at the end of Mariners Drive (Past ‘G’ wharf). The boat will depart at approximately 7:30am.
– Returns to Townsville from the Great Barrier Reef Day Trip at approximately 4:30pm and 5:15pm from the Yongala Wreck Day Trip, weather dependent
Yes we do pick up from the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal on Magnetic Island at 7:50am (by the Sealink pick-up point)
Returns to Magnetic Island at approximately 4:00pm from the Great Barrier Reef 4:45pm from the Yongala Wreck Day Trip, weather dependent.
A minimum of school age six is recommended to come on board with us for snorkelling. The child snorkelling rate is from 6 to 12 years of age. A minimum age of 12 is required in order to SCUBA dive with us.
Yes, we recommend any passengers who may experience motion sickness take appropriate medication prior to the trip. We have preventative herbal seasickness tablets (Travacalm) for sale on board for $4 for 2 tablets, but if you require something stronger please check with your chemist prior to the trip. It is advisable to take one tablet the night before your trip, then one-two tablets (depending on your size) approx an hour before you board the vessel, always read and follow the medication guidelines. Please drink extra water on board to combat the effects of dehydration.
Yes, you can still snorkel/dive in stinger season. We ensure all swimmers are offered full length wetsuits or stinger suits to protect them during the stinger season. Box jellyfish, are coastal dwellers and are therefore unlikely to be encountered at the reef. Irukandji Jellyfish are a planktonic animal found throughout the tropics. Their sting can be extremely distressing but unlikely to be life threatening.
- Infants under 6yrs are free of charge however parents are asked to assess the child’s confidence both in small boats & in water prior to booking. No swimming equipment is provided for children under 6yrs
- You can join the tour from Townsville at the Breakwater Marina OR from Magnetic Island at the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal
- All of our trips are subject to passenger numbers & weather conditions
- Due to the small number of passengers on these tours it is advised to book early
- More than 30 days before departure – 10% of total cost
- Between 7 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total cost
- Less than 7 days before departure - 80% of total cost
- Within 24 hours of departure & No shows - 100% of total cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely