Explore the best of Costa Rica on a San Jose round-trip that includes all the highlights of La Fortuna, Monteverde and Quepos
9 Days 8 Nights Costa Rica Quest Highlights
- Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
- 9-day tour of Costa Rica, with all of the highlights, culture, access, & I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments
- 8 nights twin-share tourist-class accommodations, in venues that have local character
- A visit to the Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí
- The opportunity to take a dip in the Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano
- A guided cloud forest night walk, Monteverde
- Free time to explore how you like in La Fortuna, Monteverde, & Quespos
- 1 lunch at the Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative
- A mix of transport throughout the tour, including private vehicle, shared van, local bus, boat
- Services of a locally-based CEO Chief Experience Officers to guide you through this exciting adventure
- Departs from the meeting point at Autentico Hotel, 7 calle 40, Sabana Este, Av 5, San Jose (meeting location may change, please check your final documents for the confirmed location)
Where we Visit:
- San Jose
- La Fortuna
- Arenal Volcano
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
Important: Please note, bookings are on a request basis - should a reservation not be available, our agents will be in contact to reschedule or refund within 72 hours
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Costa Rica Water Activities:
- Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
- Sport Sandals or Water Shoes (if you plan to do waterfall rappelling and/or rafting)
- Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
- Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
- Passport (required) (With photocopies)
- Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
- Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
- Cash, credit and debit cards
- Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
- Ear plugs
- First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
- Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
- Fleece top/sweater
- Locks for bags
- Long pants/jeans
- Outlet adapter
- Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
- Reusable water bottle
- Small travel towel
- Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
- Watch and alarm clock
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Windproof rain jacket
Health & Safety:
- Face masks (required)
- Hand sanitizer (required)
- Pen (Please bring your own pen for filling out documents.)
- Rubber gloves
- Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
- Sun hat/bandana
We recommend using a backpack for your convenience, or a medium-sized suitcase if you prefer. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying and handling your own luggage.
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 15 travelers on a trip but the average is 10. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
Tips are not included in the tour price and tipping is entirely at your discretion.
It is customary in Latin America to tip service providers such as waiters, at approximately 10%, depending on the service. Tipping is an expected - though not compulsory - component of your tour program and an expression of satisfaction with the persons who have assisted you on your tour. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels. There are several times during the trip where there is an opportunity to tip the local guides or drivers we use. Recommendations for tipping drivers and local guides would range from $5-10 USD per day depending on the quality and length of the service; ask your CEO for specific recommendations based on the circumstances and culture.
Tipping of your Chief Experience Officer is very much appreciated. The amount is entirely a personal preference; however, as a guideline $5-7 USD per person, per day is our recommendation in the region. However, if you felt your CEO did an especially outstanding job, any additional amount will always be welcome.
Reviews for 9 Days 8 Nights Costa Rica Quest
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.