- Get up to $30 cash back per person when you book with us
- Return scenic cruise through the magnificent Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands to the renowned Mantaray Island Resort
- Guided snorkelling experience to swim alongside the majestic manta rays
- Reef snorkel option with specialised guides
- Delicious lunch served at Mantaray Island Resort
- Full use of Mantaray Island Resort facilities, including snorkelling equipment, kayaks & stand-up paddleboards
- Use of buoyancy aids if required
- Convenient return transfers from most Nadi, Denarau & Wailoaloa accommodation
- Fun & professional crew to make your day more enjoyable
Manta Ray Snorkelling Experience Full Day AdventureJoin this once-in-a-lifetime experience snorkelling alongside the majestic manta rays in the beautiful Yasawa Islands
What to Expect
Witness the incredible sight of the majestic manta ray up close and in their natural environment. A must-do experience in Fiji, the manta rays frequent a nutrient-rich channel, known as 'manta channel', each year throughout May to October and you will have the opportunity to snorkel and glide among them in the crystal-clear waters.
Get picked up from selected accommodation in Nadi, Denarau or Wailoaloa to join this full-day cruising adventure from Port Denarau on a high-speed catamaran bound for the Yasawa Islands. Soak in the amazing scenery as you cruise through the magnificent string of Mamanuca and Yasawa Islandsbefore arriving at Mantaray Island Resort. Situated in the northern end of the Yasawas, Mantaray Island boasts idyllic white sand beaches, vibrant coral reefs, a marine reserve teeming with life and is of course renowned for the migrating manta rays.
Working with the experienced team at Mantaray Island Resort, availability dates have been carefully selected so that guests have a higher chance of manta rays coming to feed in 'manta channel'. Following a safety briefing, you will board tender boats and be taken out to have the chance to swim and snorkel with the manta rays while they glide throughout this popular feeding ground. Since they are wild creatures, sightings of the manta rays cannot be guaranteed. Should they not be visiting on the day of your trip, you will experience one of Fiji’s most vibrant tropical reefs via a guided snorkelling trip. The nearby reefs are home to an abundance of starfish, anemones, reef sharks, morays, octopus, and butterfly fish to make for an amazing experience in itself.
While taking in the natural beauty of Mantaray Island Resort, you will also enjoy a delicious lunch and can make use of the resort facilities, including snorkelling equipment, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and more. Begin your return journey back to Port Denarau and reflect on your new memories that come from experiencing one of the world’s most pristine tropical marine environments.
Port Denarau - Depart 8:45am and Return 6pm
South Sea Island - Depart 9:15am and Return 5:30pm
Treasure/Beachcomber - Depart 9:30am and Return 5:15pm
(Arrives Mantaray Island Resort at 11:45am and departs Mantaray Island Resort at 3pm)
This day tour only operates on the following dates from May - October 2022
May: Friday May 6, Saturday May 7, Monday May 9, Wednesday May 11, Friday May 20, Saturday May 21, Monday May 23, Monday May 30
June: Saturday June 4, Monday June 6, Wednesday June 8, Saturday June 18, Monday June 20, Wednesday June 22, Wednesday June 29
July: Monday July 4, Wednesday July 6, Friday July 8, Monday July 18, Wednesday July 20, Friday July 22
August: Wednesday August 3, Friday August 5, Saturday August 6, Wednesday August 17, Friday August 19, Saturday August 20, Saturday August 27
September: Friday September 2, Saturday September 3, Monday September 5, Friday September 16, Saturday September 17, Monday September 19
October: Saturday October 1, Monday October 3, Saturday October 15, Monday October 17
The Captains Lounge option includes upgraded seating to the air-conditioned 'Captains Lounge', which is on the upper deck on the Yasawa Flyer. The lounge has large wrap-around windows, comfortable couches, and offers complimentary drinks and snacks during the cruise. FJD $349 Adults and $315 Children
Frequently Asked Questions
Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers.
The manta rays are wild creatures and as such, are on their own schedule. If they are not in the channel on the day of your trip, you will experience one of Fiji’s most vibrant tropical reefs via a guided snorkelling trip. The nearby reefs are home to an abundance of starfish, anemones, reef sharks, morays, octopus and butterfly fish to make for an amazing experience in itself. You can also return on the next available Manta Ray Experience for only FJD $75 per person and hope the mantas will be a little more hospitable!
You're going to a tropical island and it can get hot and sunny! So it is advised to bring a towel, hat, sunscreen and of course your camera!
A small amount of money for shell market purchases & deposits for snorkelling equipment (at selected resorts) is a good idea. You may also want some cash or a credit card handy for additional drink and snack purchases.
- Tour operates from May to October only
- If guests don't see any manta rays during their Manta Ray Experience, The Operator offers a reduced-cost return trip within 3 days of the original tour (excluding late October departures). Return Manta-Ray Experience, FJD $75.00 Adults and Children
- Minimum age is 5 years
- All cruises are subject to sea & weather conditions particularly in the interest of passenger safety
- All courtesy coach transfers must be pre-booked
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport & vary itineraries & services if necessary
- Within 24 hours or no show, 100% cancellation fees apply
- No residual refunds are available for any unused components after travel has commenced
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely