- Gain a deeper insight into Hiroshima’s cultural heritage
- Master the technique of Japanese cuisine on a teppan (griddle)
- Experience the unique Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki
- Try other traditional dishes including seasonal desserts, culinary oysters, and three craft beers of your choice
- Complimentary gifts include stylized bandanas and aprons with graphics of Japanese samurai
- Direct connection to Shinkansen lines / 2 minute walk from Hiroshima station
Okonomiyaki Cooking ExperienceIndulge in Hiroshima food culture and cook your own Okonomiyaki
What to Expect
Experience the essence of Japan with a gourmet food tour and immerse yourself in making your own Okonomiyaki, described as the Japanese ‘soul food’ and the culinary specialty of Hiroshima. Hiroshima is home to 1,600 Okonomiyaki shops and is known as the prime okonomiyaki city in Japan.
In this program, you will learn the basics of cooking the Okonomiyaki (savoury pancake) unique to Hiroshima, putting ingredients such as cabbage, tempura crisps, green onions, bean sprouts, porks, noodles and an egg in a layer on the teppan without mixing, topped with sauces and condiments. The sweetness of the cabbage perfectly matches the taste and the noodles would make you full just with a piece of Okonomiyaki.
After cooking the Okonomiyaki, enjoy it with the sauce made by the Otafuku Sauce Co., a worldwide manufacturer of savoury Japanese condiments. You would be able to try 8 types of sauces at the showroom. The staff from the Otafuku Sauce Co. will teach you some tips to cook the Okonomiyaki. You will be able to learn the deep relations between the Hiroshima's recovery from the post-war and the Okonomiyaki.
You can choose the toppings of your Okonomiyaki and picj from four sauce flavours. You will also enjoy oysters, desserts, and three drinks you like (including craft beer only) while eating the Okonomiyaki. Okonomiyaki can be adapted for Muslim and Vegetarian visitors upon request.
- 13:00 - Starting experience in OKOSTA
- 13:40 - Meal
- 14:30 - Finishing
- 14:30 - Free time (you can enjoy shopping and a sauce bar!)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: OKOSTA / 1-2, Matsubaracho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-City, Hiroshima, 732-0822, Japan
- Directly connected to Hiroshima station of Shinkansen · 2 minutes on foot
- About 10 minutes walk from Shakkeien
- About 15 minutes walk from Hiroshima Castle
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely