- Stroll the historic alleys of Kojo
- Dress up in a traditional kimono
- Get led by an experienced guide
- Learn the history and culture that even locals don’t know
- Option to buy a matcha ice cream (at your own expense)
Kimono Rental and Unexplored Kyoto Walking TourGet a taste of retro Japan on this guided walking tour in Kyoto
What to Expect
Discover all ofKyoto's most underrated spots on this guided educational walking tour. You will stroll the Gojo streets of Kyoto with an experienced local guide while dressed in an authentic Japanese kimono for the full experience! If you want a taste of retro Japan, this is the experience you've been looking for.
After you put on your kimono in Yumeyakata, head out on your walk with local experts who will serve as your guides. You will walk around 1km through the city, stopping to look at culturally and spiritually significant spots along the way. Gojo alley, where Yumeyakata is located, is famous for Miyagawa Town, which is one of the five Hanamachi in Kyoto. You will also discover Gojyozaka, known for Kiyomizuyaki (pottery dated back to the late 5th century).
That's not the only charm Kojo offers, though. Discover are historic alleys and cultural sites that even Kyoto residents are not aware of. You will also pass many shops and cafes that have been made out of the old wooden tea shops of pre-modern Kyoto. The guide will lead you to exclusive hidden spots that allow you to fully enjoy a Japanese cultural experience. You can enjoy taking photos at the shooting spot recommended by professional cameramen in Kimono. Moreover, complimentary matcha ice cream will be served only for those who made an order at the café.
Please let us know if you need English or Chinese translation. The tour will be led by our guide, an expert in Kyoto’s history, culture, shrines and temples, festivals and events, crafts. It lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: Yumeyakata Go-jo store, Kyoto Kimono Rentals / 128, Manjujicho, Shimogyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- From JR Kyoto Station
- Taxi - approx. 5 minutes - Please tell the taxi driver that you’re heading to “Gojo-dori Northside, Higashino Touin Doori (street) Higashi”
- From Subway Karasuma Line "Gojo Station" approx. 3 minutes walk from Exit 1 (serviced gates) - Walk straight from Exit 1
- From the city bus "Karasuma Gojo bus stop" approx. 5 minutes walk to Gojo Doori (street) east
- From Kyoto station, please ride bus number 5, 26, 101
- From Keihan Train
- From Shimizu Gojo station approx. 8 minutes walk from the exit 3 to the west
- From exit 3, cross the Gojo Bridge and continue walking in the same direction
- From JR Kyoto Station
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely