- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Enjoy a stunning 20 minute scenic flight over the Bay of Islands to the Hole in the Rock
- Fly over the crystal clear turquoise waters of the main island group
- See the the townships of Russell, Paihia and Waitangi from above
- Departure times can be requested to suit your schedule
Scenic Helicopter Flight over Hole in the RockEnjoy this 20 minute helicopter flights across the famous Bay of Islands leading to the beautiful Hole in the Rock
What to Expect
Enjoy a scenic flight over the beautiful Bay of Islands as you fly over the crystal clear turquoise waters of the main island group to the world famous Hole in the Rock.
Departing from the beachfront helipad in Paihia, the flight heads across Russell with views over to Opua and surrounds before tracking along the stunning peninsula coastline to Cape Brett and it’s lighthouse where you will experience an exciting turn to fly around the Hole in the Rock.
The return portion of the flight travels directly over the main islands of the area with birds eye views of their white sandy beaches, inviting turquoise waters and some of the luxurious private residences, while when coming into land, you will fly past the Paihia township.
Bound to leave you with an appreciation for the local history, culture and coastal environment that is uniquely Northland, this 20-minute scenic flight is a must-do while in New Zealand!
Whether you're wanting to surprise or treat someone for a special occasion, need help planning a marriage proposal or are looking to add a little something extra to your next holiday, this is the tour for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wanting to treat someone special in your life to a fantastic and memorable experience?
Maybe you want to “pop the question”, celebrate a significant birthday, or even just help someone to tick off a bucket list item.
This scenic flight option is a fantastic way to treat someone or celebrate something together.
Contact The Supplier for ideas for your occasion to make the magic happen.
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone The Supplier for availability as you can not book online
- This flight flys on demand with availability throughout the day so when booking please enter what time you would like to request
- Flights require a minimum of 2 people, however if 1 person The Supplier will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers
- Children are the same price as adults for ages 4 years and over. Infants are under 4 years and can fly seated on the lap of an adult free of charge
- When booking please provide the weight of each passenger in the fields provided.
- Flights are subject to weather
- Flights do not operate on December 25
- Cancellation prior to one week of travel - full refund
- Cancellation within one week and 48 hours of departure - 50% refund
- Cancellation within 48hrs of departure - no refund
- Cancellation by The Supplier due to weather or serious illness will not incur a cancellation fee
- Adverse weather conditions may mean that the scheduled itinerary cannot proceed as intended
- If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete the full tour then any refund will be adjusted on a pro rata basis dependant on the flying time involved
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely