- Get up to $20 per person cashback when you book this tour with us
- Delicious regional platter for lunch with a glass of wine
- All standard wine tasting fees as per itinerary at 4 cellar doors
- Scenic drive to McLaren Vale
- Transfers to/from selected accommodation in Adelaide CBD or Glenelg Hotels
- Premium wine tasting fees
What to Expect
This small-group wine tour departs Adelaide city daily at 9 am and heads towards Glenelg taking the stunning coastal route to the Fleurieu Peninsula and McLaren Vale wine region. It's only a 50-minute drive from the CBD. This region is most famous for Shiraz but also does excellent Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, as well as Spanish and Italian varieties such as Fiano, Vermentino, Tempranillo, Mouvedre, Nero d’Avola & Sangiovese.
Drive down the beautiful mid-south coast, with its glistening vistas of the Gulf St Vincent and pristine beaches towards the first legendary cellar door. Along the way, you'll enjoy informative and interesting commentary from your driver/guide, learning about this history of the region, the wineries, and wine varieties. The wineries visited could include d’Arenberg, Serafino, Leconfield, Paxton, Wirra Wirra, or Fox Creek, but will vary on the day due to availability. Each of these boutique wineries and cellar doors has its own unique character and picturesque location, so make sure you take your camera to get some enviable snaps of your day out in McLaren Vale.
Enjoy time at another beautiful winery steeped in history. The friendly and knowledgeable staff will happily guide you through each wine tasting experience. You are, of course, able to purchase wine to take back home as the perfect souvenir. A sumptuous lunch awaits at a winery restaurant, accompanied, of course, by a glass of wine.
Drive through the ‘Vale’ to visit two more cellar doors for tastings, and the final chance to purchase wine to take home to share with family and friends (or keep to yourself!). You'll pass by rolling vistas of vineyards along the way before returning back to Adelaide.
Where we visit:
- Fleurieu Peninsula
- McLaren Vale wine region
- 4 wineries that could include Shingleback, Hugh Hamilton, Kay Brothers, Bec Hardy Wines, Leconfield, Samson's Tall (Itinerary subject to change0
Frequently Asked Questions
Full day wine tours include delicious lunch options. A glass of red or white wine is included with your lunch. Please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking this enables us to notify the restaurant beforehand. Vegetarian options are available.
All Small Group Tours are guaranteed to depart with a minimum of 2 people, maximum of 10 people. Private Tours require a minimum of 2 people to operate.
There are currently 4 vehicles in the fleet. All vehicles are serviced and maintained regularly and are less than 5 years old.
- Mercedes Valente – suitable for Private tours or small groups of up to 5 ppl.
- Renault Master Mini Bus – suitable for Small Groups up to 8 ppl
- Toyota HiAce – maximum 10 ppl
- Toyota Kluger – for Private tours up to 3 ppl
The operator does not cater for children on the Small Group Tours, however, you can organise a Private Tour for your group. Children up to the age of 7, must be in an approved child seat, you can bring your own, or we can hire one for you (own expense).
There is no wheelchair ramp, but if you are able to step on and off the bus, we can store a walker or foldable wheelchair in the boot. Please advise at the time of booking, so we can reserve a seat at the front of the vehicle for you.
- The Operator reserves the right to alter and change prices at any time. Itinerary/venues may change from those advertised.
- All wine tasting & entry fees from the itinerary are included in tour cost - may exclude premium wine tasting fees
- Minimum bookings are required for the tour to operate - Min 2, Max 12
- Passengers should re-confirm their tour booking at least 24 hours prior to departure
- No smoking or consumption of alcohol is permitted onboard at any time
- A $100 cleaning fee will apply to your group if vehicles are soiled
Cancellations In the event that a booking is cancelled the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation more than 7 days before departure - $10 per person
- Cancellation less than 7 days before departure - 80% of total cost
- Cancellation within 24 hours of departure or No Show - 100% of the total cost
- Adabco Boutique Hotel
- Adelaide Riviera Hotel
- Adelaide Rockford Hotel
- Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
- Avanti Adelaide Residences
- Breakfree Adelaide
- Breakfree Directors Studios
- Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- Franklin Apartments
- Hilton Hotel Adelaide
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide
- Ibis Adelaide
- InterContinental Hotel Adelaide
- Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
- Mantra Hindmarsh Square
- Mayfair Hotel
- Oaks Horizon Hotel
- Oaks Plaza Pier Glenelg
- Quest on Franklin Apartment Hotel
- Rydges Adelaide
- Sage Hotel Adelaide
- Stamford Grand Hotel, Glenelg
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide
- The Terrace Hotel Adelaide
Reviews for McLaren Vale Winery Experience with lunch
Get Instant Confirmation