- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Morning or afternoon half-day cruise from Daydream Island through the spectacular Whitsunday islands, visiting the iconic Whitehaven Beach
- Up to 2 hours on Whitehaven Beach to swim in the crystal-clear water, hike to the lookout, walk along the dazzling sand & soak in the natural beauty
- Generous morning or afternoon tea
- Use of protective stinger suits
- Solway Circuit walk for picture-perfect views
Where we visit
- Whitehaven Beach
- Whitsunday Island National Park
What to Expect
Spend the best part of the morning or the afternoon on world-famous Whitehaven Beach and discover why it's voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world on this fantastic cruise from Daydream Island. Enjoy cruising through the stunning passageways of the Whitsundays, past secluded bays & peaceful islands to your destination of Whitehaven Beach, where you will spend up to 2 hours on the southern end of the beach to soak in the breathtaking beauty.
Prepare to be dazzled by the pristine natural environment of Whitehaven Beach as you take the opportunity to sink your toes in the brilliant white sand, wade in the crystal-clear water, and hike the short Solway Circuit for some show-stopping views of the glistening 7km shoreline.
This uninhabited island is one of Australia's true gems and the journey to the beach is spectacular too. Boarding the vessel from Daydream Island, sit back and enjoy a generous morning or afternoon tea as you cruise through the channel, listening to your friendly skipper providing an informative commentary on the history and wonders of the area. Your day cruise vessel has air-conditioned interior saloons and seating areas outside in the fresh salt air.
Situated in the Whitsunday Islands National Park and in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach is a definite must-see destination in the Whitsundays. The crystal clear azure waters and pristine white silica sands stretch for over 7 kilometres along Whitsunday Island, the largest of the 74 islands in the Whitsundays. The sand on Whitehaven Beach is made from 98% pure silica, which gives it its brilliant appearance and soft, powdery texture that it is famous for. It won't take you long to realise why it is the most photographed beach in Australia and named 'Queensland's Most Beautiful Beach'.
Morning cruise departs Daydream Island 7.45am / Returns 1.50pm
Afternoon cruise departs Daydream Island 12.10pm / Returns 5.50pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swimwear & beach towel
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses & protective clothing
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bank card for optional activities
The Whitsundays enjoys a tropical climate of hot summers, warm winters and bright spring and autumn days. Average daily temperatures range from around 22 to 23 degrees celsius in the winter months of June and July, and up to 29 to 30 degrees celsius in December and January during the height of summer. Water temperatures remain a welcoming 25 degrees celsius most of the year round.
The tropical wet season occurs from January to March when days can be steamy, and the summer heat is often broken by tropical showers.
Marine stingers may be present in the waters year round, with the higher risk season during October – May. During this period, jellyfish are prevalent in the waters around the mainland, islands and have occasionally been found out on the reef. It is recommended that our guests wear stinger suits which are provided free of charge on our Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach tours.
National Parks have recently installed two large covered areas to provide shade for visitors to Whitehaven Beach, as there is limited natural shade available. To assist our guests at Whitehaven Beach we also have two large marquees set up to provide additional cover. We can also provide individual sun shades, please ask your onboard crew for further details (subject to availability).
Most of our Resort Connection vessels are wheelchair friendly, however for day tours & semi-submarine tours at Hardy Reef vessels are accessible by stairs, making them inaccessible for guests who are totally wheelchair dependent. For semi-mobile wheelchair users travelling to Whitehaven Beach, we have a beach wheelchair available. Please inform our reservations team when booking if you would like to use this chair while at the beach.
- Child price applies to 4-14 years. Infant meal Infant meals are not included on day cruises.
- On the day, you must check in with The Operator at the location stated on your booking confirmation no more than 1 hour and no later than 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure
- Check the weather – for passenger safety reasons, all cruises will only proceed in suitable sea and weather conditions
- The Operator reserves the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply a fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services if necessary
- All vessels adhere to smoke free rules in accordance with relevant state government regulations. Unless designated areas have been created and assigned, Passengers are not permitted to smoke (including e-cigarettes) on board
Changes permitted up to 1 day prior (fees may apply)
100% cancellation fees apply within 48 hours of departure
(a) Your cruise or accommodation could be cancelled under one of the following three circumstances: (i) A cancellation arising from your actions, through no fault of The Operator's– see ‘Guest Cancellations’. (ii) A cancellation by us arising from external consequences that make our performance of the agreement impossible (for example a Force Majeure event, or the actions of a third party e.g. new government regulation) – see ‘Force Majeure Cancellations’. (iii) Any other cancellation by The Operator – see ‘Our Cancellations’.
(b) Force Majeure Cancellations. For all cruise and accommodation types, in the event of a Force Majeure Cancellation, we will provide you with a credit note of an amount equal to the monies paid to us under the booking. The credit note can be applied to the cost of a future cruise with The Operator. Time limits and other criteria and conditions may apply.
(c) Our Cancellations. For all cruise types, in the event of Our Cancellation, we will provide you with the option to receive one of the following: (i) (where available) travel on an alternative service of similar value; (ii) an alternate service of the same value at a later date; (iii) a full refund of monies paid to us under the booking; or (iv) a credit note of an amount equal to the monies paid to us under the booking.
(d) Refund Payment. Any credit note or refund payable by The Operator under this agreement will be calculated to take into account the monies actually paid under the booking. Any refund will be payable to the person who paid for the booking or to the first person named on the booking. If a booking was made through a Travel Agent, any refund will be returned to that Travel Agent for their payment to the guest.
- Daydream Island
Reviews for Whitehaven Beach - Half Day Cruise (ex Daydream Island)
Get Instant Confirmation