- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Return transfers from selected Alice Springs accommodation
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Morning tea
- Entry fee to Standley Chasm
What to Expect
The panoramic landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges are extraordinary for their immensity and array of sunburnt oranges, maroons and purples. View spectacular outback scenery and take photos as we travel along through magnificent Outback Country, stopping at the many historic locations.
As we depart town, we will stop at the historical Flynn’s Grave Memorial. It’s located just outside Alice Springs and is the resting place for the ashes of John Flynn, the founder of the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Next, it’s onto the ranges. Here you’ll explore Simpsons Gap, walking through the towering cliffs to the waterhole, keeping an eye out for black-footed rock wallabies. Multiple dreaming stories from the Arrernte Aboriginal people converge at Simpsons Gap. It’s also the mythological home of a group of giant goanna ancestors.
A short drive away is Angkerle (Standley Chasm), where you can wander along its stony watercourse, keeping an eye out for birds and wildlife that inhabit the area. You’ll also enjoy a spot of morning tea while you’re here, before returning to Alice Springs.
Where we visit:
- Flynn’s Grave Memorial
- West MacDonnell Ranges
- Simpsons Gap
- Angkerle (Standley Chasm)
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest you bring enclosed walking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, and warm layers in cooler months. You'll also want to bring money for souvenirs.
We are more than happy to accommodate children; however, some restrictions may apply. There is no minimum age on the day tours, however, we do recommend that people travelling with children consider whether the itinerary is suitable, in particular the activities involved and the duration of the tour, to ensure the comfort of small children. For all tour types children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
On the day tours, the fleet can vary, and mini-coaches are sometimes used to accommodate smaller groups. These mini coaches do not have a restroom or reclining seats. However, regular stops are made so you can access facilities.
We pride ourselves on having the finest fleet of fuel-efficient, fully air-conditioned coaches, with onboard Wi-Fi for our guests’ convenience.
Reviews for West MacDonnell Ranges Tour
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- The operator reserves the right to cancel tours and amend prices, itineraries and days of operation as required. At times it may be necessary to provide alternative transport
- Any personal expenses incurred by a client as a result of any delay, alteration or curtailment of any tour, whether caused by flooding or any other causes are the responsibility of the client
- Refunds are not available for wet weather or changing weather conditions
- Clients are strongly advised to take out travel insurance
- The operator reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that the operator\s cannot guarantee will be available
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Should you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees will apply.
- Within 48 hours of the departure date – 50% of the tour price
- Within 24 hours of the departure date or no show – 100% of the tour price
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- *Please advise hotel*
- A Good Rest B&B
- Alice Motor Inn
- Alice on Todd
- Alice Springs Tourist Park
- Aurora Alice Springs
- Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
- Desert Palms Resort
- Desert Rose Inn
- Diplomat Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs
- Elkira Motel
- G'day Mate Caravan Park
- Heritage Caravan Park
- Jump Inn
- MacDonnell Range Caravan Park
- Mercure Alice Springs Resort
- Quest Apartments
- Swagmans Rest Hotel
- Todd Tavern
- Vatu Sanctuary
- Wilmots on Dixon
- Wintersun Caravan Park
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation