- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 4.5-hour scenic whale-watching cruise at sunset along the beautiful Broome coastline to see humpback whales in their natural environment
- Delicious canapes, fruit, tea & coffee
- Experienced crew sharing informative commentary
- Children's educational program, providing fun for the whole family
- Convenient return transfers from selected Broome accommodation
Orcaella Whale Watching & Sunset Cruise - BroomeJoin the most unforgettable whale watching experience off the scenic coast of Broome from late June to September
What to Expect
During the months of June to September, over 35,000 humpback whales are expected to travel along the coast of Western Australia and pass right by Broome, which is affectionately known as the humpback highway. Enjoy the incredible opportunity to witness these friendly giants of the sea up close while you sit back and relax on a 4.5-hour cruise at sunset.
Jump aboard the beautifully appointed catamaran ‘Orcaella’ to cruise along the stunning waters surrounding Broome in search of these majestic whales. The vessel provides shaded decks, comfortable seating and excellent vantage points for when you come face to face with the world's largest population of humpback whales in the friendliest way possible. It is a truly awe-inspiring sight to watch them frolicking in their natural environment.
Respect for the ocean and its marine life is of paramount importance on our cruises, where you will also learn about the whale's breeding and mating behaviours from the experienced crew. An educational program designed for children is offered on board, making this cruise one of Broome’s best family activities.
Immerse yourself in boundless natural beauty as you get spoiled with delicious canapes all afternoon. Take advantage of the licensed bar on board, or feel free to bring your own drinks. Sit back and watch the colours of the Broome sunset light up the sky - the perfect way to finish an amazing day on the water that will leave you wanting more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Orcaella is a 50-foot catamaran surveyed to carry 46 passengers; however, we limit numbers on the whale watching cruises to around 35 passengers
No. It is advised if you are prone to seasickness to take tablets before boarding.
Yes. There is a toilet on board.
As Broome does not have a marina for boarding passengers, we use an amphibious transfer vessel that loads passengers from the beach. Some level of agility is required when boarding. If you are unsure about boarding the two vessels, please contact us to discuss the options or suitability of these tours.
- Sunglasses, hat, drink bottle & camera
- Wear shoes that come off easily, thongs or sandals are suitable too
- Bring a light jacket for the cooler evenings
We are all about our guests so we do our very best to meet the dietary needs of our passengers. We can easily accommodate for gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan diets. For any other requests please contact us to discuss options.
- All tours are both weather dependent & require a minimum number of passengers to confirm departure
- Minors under 18 years must always be accompanied by an adult
- Cancellations within 48 hours - 100% cancellation fees apply
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel or postpone a charter if weather conditions are unsafe. In this event, a full refund will be given if another suitable day cannot be arranged
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely