- Enjoy a guided dive or snorkel tour off the coast of Byron Bay
- Full equipment hire
- Boat ride to Julian Rocks
- Guided dives out at Julian Rocks
- Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site
- Optional camera hire
Certified Dive And Snorkel Tour At Julian Rocks
Experience one of Australia's top dive sites!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This dive and snorkel tour caters for all levels of experience. Join this guided dive trip and let the crew show you one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites. Whether you are an experienced diver, recently certified, or haven’t dived for some time, this tour will ensure you enjoy a safe and rewarding experience at Julian Rocks, one dive site you don’t want to miss!
Julian Rocks Marine Reserve is one of Australia’s top ten dive sites. The diversity of marine life ranges from leopard sharks and manta rays in the summer months to grey nurse sharks during the winter. The reserve is also home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks as well as over 500 different species of fish. From May to September, humpback whales are commonly spotted on the boat trip between the rocks and the mainland. Popular dive spots in this area include The Nursery, The Needles, Hugo's Trench, The Cod Hole, and The Cray Cave. All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay!
The tour will provide all equipment hire (if required), the boat ride (on which the tour frequently sees dolphins), and a dive guide to show you around on a dive of up to 50 minutes. On your return to the dive shop, you can have a hot shower before the dive crew helps you identify the creatures you saw and fill out your logbooks.
If you have not dived in 12-18 months you will be required to complete a quick refresher before your dive, this can be added to your certified dive booking. If it has been between 18 months – 5 years since your last dive you will need to book a refresher course and dive instead.
Certified Dive And Snorkel Tour At Julian Rocks
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Diver w/ All Gear Provided (Starting Dec 1, 2019):
Diver w/ All Own Gear (Starting Dec 1, 2019):
What should I bring?
- Certification card and logbook
- Underwater camera (optional)
- Your own dive equipment (if booked this option)
- Snacks for in between your dives
Where do I meet for the tour?
9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
Do I need to be able to swim in order to participate?
Yes, this tour requires all participants to be able to swim and to be comfortable in the ocean. If you cannot swim and are not comfortable in the ocean you will not be able to join the tour.
What happens if I get sea sick?
If you are prone to seasickness, purchase seasickness tablets from the pharmacy prior to your tour. The boat ride to the dive/snorkel site (Julian Rocks) is approximately 5-10 minutes.
What happens if weather and sea conditions are not suitable?
In the event of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions, the tour will give you as much notice as possible. Please note that short notice cancellations can occur in the event of sea and weather conditions abruptly changing and becoming unsuitable at the time of your tour.
What is the water temperature at Julian Rocks?
The average water temperature at Julian Rocks in the summer months is between 22°C to 27°C and in the winter months, it is between 18°C to 23°C.
How many passengers can the vessel accomodate?
Each vessel can accommodate a maximum of 13 passengers, this will be a mixture of crew and customers depending on the type of activities running.
- (DIVERS ONLY) Please note if you are unable to provide proof of certification we may be unable to take you for a dive and will be unable to issue any refunds within our 48-hour cancellation policy. Please note that if you have not dived in 12 months or longer then you will be required to complete a refresher before the dive, which will start earlier and incur an additional cost. Please advise in advance if this is required. (If your last dive is between 12-18 months a quick refresher is required, which incurs an additional charge of $25.00 and starts 30 minutes prior to the dive check-in time if it has been 18 months+ since your last dive then a full refresher is required and must be booked in advance). Please note that if you have not completed a refresher before diving and have not dived within 12 months then the tour will be unable to take you for a dive and we will be unable to issue any refunds within the 48-hour cancellation policy. A dive medical is not compulsory in New South Wales however there are some medical conditions that may prevent you from participating in a scuba dive these include the following:
- Lung damage or disorders including a history of asthma or recent congestion
- Heart disorders
- High or low blood pressure
- Diabetes and epilepsy
- Ear disorders and damage
- It is also important that all participants have good swimming ability and are comfortable in the water.
- (SNORKELERS ONLY) The tour offers free snorkel lessons in an on-site heated pool to those without a lot of experience or wanting to get acquainted with the equipment before heading out to Julian Rocks. These lessons start 30 minutes prior to the meeting time, please advise if you would like to book in. Please note, all customers with no prior snorkelling experience will be required to complete the snorkel lesson prior to the tour commencing. Failure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour for this lesson will result in you not being able to participate, no refund will be given. Please note that all snorkel tour participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water. Please let us know if you have any medical conditions or have had any recent medical procedures that we need to be aware of that can be affected by strenuous physical activity e.g. asthma, heart conditions, lung disorders.
- If you would like to hire an underwater camera for your tour please arrive 10 minutes prior to your arrival time to organise this (please note camera hires are subject to availability and require a credit card).
- Please note that this tour is subject to suitable sea and weather conditions, in the event of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions the tour will give you as much notice as possible.
- Please note that all parking in Byron Bay town centre is now paid ($4.00 per hour), there is a four-hour car park directly behind the dive centre and all day parking on Marvell Street.
- Please arrive on time at the scheduled check-in time. If you arrive after the scheduled meeting time then you may miss your tour, unfortunately, no refunds or reschedules can be given. Please allow additional travelling time for traffic when travelling as Byron Bay can be very busy.
- Please note that the tour has a 48-hour cancellation policy. This means that if you need to cancel or reschedule your booking for any reason, the tour needs to know 48 hours before the activity is due to commence. If a cancellation or reschedule is made after that time, the tour charges a 100% cancellation fee. The tour will assume consent to the refund policy if they do not hear otherwise before the 48-hour window has begun.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews