- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Morning guided wildlife experience including a 90-minute creek walk to seek out the playful platypus in the wild
- Environmental scientist & expert local guide to give you an insight into these quirky mammals
- Locally-sourced picnic by the creek
- Amazing wildlife photographs of the day can be shared with you
- Convenient return transfers from selected Byron Bay accommodation
Platypus Walk - Byron BayTake a guided walk along natural creek habitats that the platypus call home to witness these unique Australian animals in the wild.
What to Expect
The platypus is one of Australia's most recognised native animals, and you will get the opportunity to witness them in their own natural environment. It is possible to see a platypus at any time of the day, but the best chance is just after dawn.
Go in search of these unique mammals on a half-day morning adventure into the creeks they call home with a wildlife expert as your guide. Get picked up from your accommodation in a luxury 8-seater 4WD van as you drive towards the special platypus area to start an easy 90-minute walk along the creek.
Your guide will lead you at a gentle pace, showing you what to look for and sharing many quirky insights about this much-loved Australian animal. Despite being a mammal, platypuses lay eggs, which makes them a monotreme. They’re one of only five monotreme species left in existence.
On this eco-tour, we usually see one or two platypuses, an abundance of birds and sometimes even koalas. After watching the platypus have their breakfast, we stop to relax with ours – a locally-sourced picnic by the creek – before returning to Byron Bay.
Our aim is to give you the best possible wildlife experience, however, we cannot guarantee platypus sightings. Do not worry, if we don’t see them we can take you on another day at no charge.
Where We Visit
- Byron Bay Hinterland
Frequently Asked Questions
Covered shoes are essential and a jacket on cooler days is recommended.
We request that you try and wear dark clothing if possible so that we don’t draw attention to ourselves or disturb the wildlife that we are trying to see.
Our vehicles are comfortable and clean. You will travel in our luxury 8 seat, hybrid vehicle, with comfy seats, air conditioning, video, easy to get in and out of. We think it’s the best tour vehicle in Byron Bay.
We do offer walking and driving tours and can cater to people with a variety of disabilities. Please ask us if you have any special requirements.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Cancellations with more than 48 hours notice will be given a full refund
- Cancellations with 48-24 hours notice will be given a 50% refund
- Cancellations within 24 hours or no shows are non-refundable
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely