- Access to Thetford and Moore Outer Barrier Reefs
- All snorkelling equipment and wetsuits
- Prescription lens masks (if required)
- All meals
Great Barrier Reef 2 Day 1 Night Snorkel TourSnorkel one of the Seven Wonders of the World and explore the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef on an overnight trip!
- Digital underwater Photos
- Bar Purchases
- $40 Reef Tax ( Reef Tax payable onboard only. Reef Tax is inclusive of EMC, Fuel Levy and Administration Fee )
Why do we love this
We love that everything is included on this tour, making it super easy to experience the magical Barrier Reef. Staying overnight on the water is pretty cool too!
What to Expect
Plunge into your Great Barrier Reef experience! Get underwater and come face to face with stunning coral, bright fish and fascinating ecosystems. It's the best way to see the reef.
On this trip, you get to spend over 24 hours on the Great Barrier Reef itself, from 11.00 am till 11.45 am the next day! That's 2 full days and 1 night aboard! This trip is perfect for swimmers and non-swimmers, and for all levels of snorkelling ability.
Day 1: Cairns to Outer Reef
Passengers meet at the company office (Rum Runner - Marlin Marina, E finger, Berth 3). Boarding begins at 7.00 am. with departure by 7.30 am.
You'll head out onto the reef, listening to a snorkeling briefing as you go, so you're ready to jump in as soon as you arrive. Passengers are briefed on the itinerary and safety aspects of the trip and boat, and the dive equipment is organized. You're welcome to join in, grab a line and hoist a sail alongside the crew!
You'll arrive at Thetford Reef around 11.00 am. The area is loved for its ample coral coverage and fish life and you'll be paddling over spectacular sites such as The Labyrinth, the Lagoon, Hurricane Bay, Coral Gardens. Float over shallow coral gardens and caverns and explore swim through's and spectacular walls.
The Dive Instructor will brief everyone on general dive safety and details of the first dive site, and then it's time to jump in! Diving will be tailored to suit individual experience levels - This is only relevant for those who have booked the intro dive package.
After getting a taste of what to come, settle back on the boat to enjoy lunch (12.30 pm). Nicknamed the Rum Runner, your vessel is the equivalent of a multi-share hostel, just on water. It can accommodate up to 16 guests in multi-share twin single bunk areas, semi-private twin single bunk cabins, and a 4-share single bunk cabin.
After lunch, it's time for your second snorkel expedition at 1.30 pm. Then, enjoy some snacks at 3.00 pm to replenish your energy levels.
You'll enjoy another dive at 3.30 pm, before sitting down to dinner at 6.00 pm. You'll watch the sun setting over the mountains behind Cairns as you eat. There's the chance to relax, have a few social drinks and get to know each other. At 7.30 pm, watch the divers jump in to complete their night dive.
Afterwards, climb into bed ready to spend a night on the waves.
Start the day with a snorkel trip at 7.00 am, before tucking into breakfast at 8.30 am.
Relax on board for a while, then head into the water again at 9.30 am.
Say goodbye to the waves as you eat lunch at 11.00 am. As you sail back through the Barrier Reef, you can watch out for dolphins or whales, and see Queensland's tallest mountains. You'll arrive back in Cairns between 3.00 pm and 3.30 pm. Finish the trip with a couple of drinks going over the photos and videos with your fellow travellers.
Trips depart Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Comfortable clothing and toiletries, towel
- Swimwear, sunscreen, hat, seasickness tablets and camera.
- BYO (Bring Your Own drinks) – No Glass
- Evidence of a recognized dive certification
- Some medical conditions will prevent you from diving. Medical conditions of concern for example: Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Heart & Lung conditions, Pregnancy and some other medical conditions. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition, please check with us prior to reservation.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
- All passengers will be required to complete and sign a Waiver Release & Indemnity Deed onboard the boat. This document contains a statement regarding your current health and medical fitness to dive. We recommend you do not fly within 24 hours of your final dive.
- 2 Day/ 1 Liveaboard: All money paid to Backpacker Deals will be refunded for cancellations up to 48 hours prior to departure. No refunds for any reason within 48 hours of departure. All trips are subject to weather conditions.
- All monies forfeited subject to management's discretion.
- For passengers voluntarily leaving the vessel there will be no refund.
- On very rare occasions all cruise services or a single dive can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- All dives are weather permitting Captains discretion.
- No refund for uncompleted dives.
- Should a cruise not operate for any such reason passengers will be offered an alternate day or refund for the days lost.
- The operator reserves the right in extreme circumstances to alter or cancel any trip or use substitute vessels.
- *A Reef Tax of $15 per day is levied for all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area, to cover the costs ofEMC ($6.00), administration and port charges and fuel levy.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely