- 2 hours of white water rafting on the Barron River (up to grade 3 rapids)
- Scenic rafting and rainforest adventure in Barron Gorge National Park
- Return transfers from/to accommodation in Cairns or Port Douglas
- All tuition and safety equipment
- Professional and certified river guides
- Levy $30 to be paid on the day
- Photo's can be purchased for $55
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Barron River Half Day Tour is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It's fun, exciting, and exhilarating, suitable for all the family (aged 12 and over). Paddle through the World Heritage-listed rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park and take on the thrilling Grade Three rapids of the Barron River as it winds it way towards the Coral Sea. This tour includes up to 2 hours of White Water Rafting, a professional guide, and all safety equipment.
This half-day white water rafting adventure is a fantastic introduction to Tropical North Queensland. It's fun, exciting, and exhilarating, plus it's suitable for all the entire family. Enjoy two hours rafting on up to grade 3 rapids. These are rapids with fairly high waves (1-2 m), broken water, stoppers, and strong eddies, exposed rocks, and small falls. Maneuvering to paddle through the rapids is required, so buckle up and get ready for a wild ride! The rafts carry up to seven passengers, plus your river guide.
The beautiful Barron Gorge National Park is a 20-minute drive from Cairns or a 40-minute drive from Port Douglas. It is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls and, of course, Barron Gorge, which has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River. This half-day adventure is on the ebb and flow of the Barron River as it snakes its way down from the mountains and heads out to the Coral Sea. This scenic rafting and rainforest adventure combines calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
No experience is necessary for this tour. The guides are certified with the International Rafting Federation, a worldwide organisation setting the standard in the rafting industry. Regular ongoing River Rescue and First Aid training ensure that guides maintain high safety standards on every tour. They're sure to entertain you and provide a fun and safe ride down the Barron River.
Prepare for your Rafting Trip:
- Wear a swimming costume under your clothes
- You must wear shoes - reef sandals, sneakers or anything with an ankle strap is suitable.
- Bring a towel and a spare change of clothes
- Leave all of your jewellery at your accommodation
- Hire shoes are available for hire at $5/pair if you do not wish to get your own shoes wet
For Self Drive - Please meet at 100, Lake Placid Road.