- Enjoy an all day admission to Cairns' newest attraction!
- See the animals and habitats local to Tropical North Queensland
- Learn about the Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef
- Engage in daily ecosystem talks, animal presentations, live diver feeds, marine and reptile touch n' talk shows
- See Australia's only 10-meter Deep Reef Tank, 360-degree Oceanarium, 20-meter underwater tunnel, and mangrove boardwalk
- Get up close to freshwater fish, pythons, emerald tree monitors, crocodiles, colourful reef fish, sharks, and rays
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Cairns Aquarium is a world-class venue for seeing and interacting with the incredible plants, animals, and habitats found in Australia’s Wet Tropics. The Wet Tropics is a region that borders two World Heritage-listed environments: The Daintree Rainforest and The Great Barrier Reef. Protecting and conserving the biodiversity of these World Heritage-listed ecosystems through education is the driving force behind the Cairns Aquarium.
Every day at the Cairns Aquarium, visitors are guaranteed interaction with some of the rarest and most elusive animals on earth. The incredible biodiversity of the Wet Tropics and The Great Barrier Reef provides the cast for a show-stopping spectacle of colour, shape, and movement that you won't see anywhere else in the world. The aquarium hosts 16,000 animals from 10 different ecosystems and 71 habitats across Tropical North Queensland — careful research was conducted so that natural environments could be recreated in Cairns Aquarium to ensure the ongoing health and longevity of the species on display.
Cairns Aquarium offers a range of services and facilities so that you can focus on enjoying your visit and interacting with the amazing animals on display. Whether you’re wanting to learn more about the incredible reef and rainforest creatures, or you need to find that perfect gift for a loved one, or you just need to stop and enjoy a meal or beverage, the aquarium has what you're looking for.
As the only aquarium in the world dedicated exclusively to the habitats and species of Tropical North Queensland, the Cairns Aquarium connects visitors with the natural wonders of The Great Barrier Reef, The Wet Tropics, The Gulf Savannah, and Cape York regions. With over 16,000 animals and unique opportunities to move up close to some of the world’s most fascinating, elusive, or deadly creatures, every visit is unforgettable. The Cairns Aquarium is open daily from 10 am to 3 pm with the last admission at 2 pm. This ticket provides all-day general admission.
- General Admission
From AUD $44Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
- General Admission with Lunch Combo
From AUD $74Check AvailabilityNext available: Today
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Are pets allowed at the aquarium?
Are there prohibited items to bring into the aquarium?
- Clothing with offensive or vulgar language
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, recreational drugs
- Roller blades, roller skates, wheelies, skateboards, child scooters, hover boards (These items may be left with admission staff and collected upon exiting)
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noise making devices
- Any other items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by aquarium staff
Is there an age limit?
Children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult or guardian aged 18 or over at all times. Cairns Aquarium reserves the right to verify the age and identity of any unaccompanied minor or young guardians.
What are the opening hours?
For General Admission tickets the Aquarium is open between 10am - 3pm, with last
admissions at 2pm.
- Ticket provides all day general admission from 10 am to 3 pm with last admissions at 2 pm.
- Tickets available include Adult (15+ years), Child (3-14 years), and Concession
- Child (3 to 14 years) please note: Children under 14 years of age will need to be accompanied and supervised by an Adult.
- Children under 3 years of age are admitted free to Cairns Aquarium and therefore do not require an entry ticket.
- No fees for cancellation of General Admission tickets.