- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- An afternoon tour around Cairns taking in the natural beauty & cultural heritage of this tropical city
- Entry to Cairns museum, plus free re-admission
- Entry to St. Monica’s Cathedral & Cairns Botanic Gardens
- A delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa’s Café
- Photo opportunities in Barron River Gorge & Surprise Creek Falls
- Time to stroll around the pretty seaside suburb of Palm Cove
- A 2 hr 30 min calm water sunset dinner cruise on board a luxurious catamaran
- A welcome glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink on arrival & a delicious buffet or set menu dinner
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort (escaping the tropical heat) with your local driver/guide
- Convenient pick-ups from selected Cairns accommodation
- Pick-ups from Cairns' Northern Beaches (Palm Cove, Clifton Beach, Trinity Beach, Holloways Beach and Crystal Cascades, Trinity Links Resort: Woree)
- Additional drinks from the bar on the cruise
- Hotel drop-offs after the dinner cruise
What to Expect
Discover Cairns' natural beauty and cultural heritage on a half-day afternoon tour, followed by an indulgent dinner cruise to take in the stunning sunset.
Afternoon City & Surrounds
After getting collected from your accommodation, your afternoon begins by the water's edge at the Cairns Marlin Marina, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. It boasts first-class facilities and picturesque views over the water.
Next, it's on to St. Monica's Cathedral. This stunning Heritage-Listed cathedral, dedicated as a memorial to the Battle of the Coral Sea, houses 24 amazing stained-glass windows depicting the story of creation. They are reputably the largest themed stained-glass windows in the world.
Join an exclusive tour with a dedicated museum guide to discover the Cairns Museum. They'll share stories about living in the tropics, the region's culture, sugar cane, railways, rainforests and reefs. Plus, you'll enjoy free re-admission to the Cairns Museum during your stay.
Take a break and indulge in a delicious Devonshire Tea at Noa's Café in the leafy suburb of Edge Hill. Once afternoon tea is done, stretch your legs with a wander through the Flecker Gardens in Cairns Botanic Gardens. It's renowned as one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia. Your guided tour will showcase key areas of the gardens, including the Conservatory and the Aboriginal Plant Use section.
Then, have your camera at the ready as you visit a spectacular lookout with views over the city of Cairns and the Coral Sea before continuing to Lower Barron River Gorge National Park and Surprise Creek Falls.
Finally, the tour heads further north to Palm Cove. Take a stroll along the jetty or beach of this picture-perfect location, fringed with coconut trees. Nestled behind the beach is the quiet seaside suburb, with its magnificent paperbark trees. Watch the sun get lower on the horizon before returning to your Cairns in time to board the Spirit of Cairns at 6:15 pm.
As you step onboard the Spirit of Cairns, a 26-metre catamaran, enjoy a welcome drink and canapes. Then, it's 2 hrs 30 min of calm water cruising with entertainment, a delicious 3-course dinner and fabulous views, including sunset over the rainforest-clad mountains (depending on the time of year).
Spirit of Cairns takes you on a journey deep into the interior of Trinity Inlet and its winding tributaries. The cruise passes along Cairns' waterfront and Esplanade precinct, delivering panoramic views of the twinkling night lights of this port city.
Thursday and Friday departures have a set dinner menu, while Saturday to Wednesday is a delicious buffet with a wide range of hot and cold dishes, fresh seafood and delicious local produce. The vessel is also fully licensed, selling a range of beverages, from champagne or local beer to cocktails.
Where we Visit:
- St. Monica's Cathedral
- Cairns Museum
- Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Cairns City lookout
- Lower Barron Gorge National Park
- Surprise Creek Falls
- Palm Cove
- Trinity Inlet
Frequently Asked Questions
Guests should wear topical smart attire. Footwear is mandatory, with suitable shoes for boating recommended. Bring a jacket for the cooler winter months of June to August. Cash, EFTPOS or credit cards are accepted for bar purchases.
- Minimum 4 people to operate the afternoon tour & the maximum is 20 passengers
- Children must be under parental supervision at all times and are not permitted on the outer decks without being accompanied by a parent or adult supervisor
- Footwear is a mandatory requirement, and you will not be permitted to board unless you are wearing shoes or sandals
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted anywhere on the vessel
- Cancellation within 24 hours is 100% non-refundable
Reviews for Cairns City Sights & Dinner Cruise
Get Instant Confirmation