- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Relaxing 90-minute sunset cruise along the serene Barron River, past ancient rainforest, local wildlife & the changing dusk colours
- Experienced skipper providing fascinating commentary about river life, the ancient rainforest & the history of Kuranda
- Departs from the meeting point at Kuranda Railway Station, Coondoo St, Kuranda
Kuranda Riverboat Sunset CruiseWatch the changing colours of the sunset surrounded by beautiful scenery as you unwind on a 90-minute riverboat cruise.
- BYO drinks & nibbles
What to Expect
Cruise the tranquil waters of the world’s most ancient tropical rainforest on a blissful 90-minute riverboat cruise. You won't find a more relaxing way to spend the late afternoon than taking in the beautiful sunset over the Barron River.
Departing from the quaint mountain village of Kuranda, board the riverboat MV Kuranda to start your sunset cruise. The beautiful upland Barron River provides great photographic opportunities whilst your skipper gives you an insight into some of the history of Kuranda, the ancient tropical rainforest, and the animals, reptiles, and birds that reside in this unique region of Tropical North Queensland.
The river is home to a host of wildlife including freshwater crocodiles, turtles, snakes, water dragons and fish, together with over 100 species of tropical birds. Bring your own beverages and snacks and sit back and relax while you take in the scenery and tranquillity of the Barron River in the late afternoon, enhanced by the vibrant and changing colours of the sunset.
Cruises depart from our jetty located below the Kuranda Railway Station, but you won't be able to drive down to the river to access the jetty. Park your car at the station, walk across the railway footbridge and go down the stairs to the river where you will see the red flags flying at the jetty.
Where We Visit
- Barron River, Kuranda
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Tours are subject to seasonal river conditions
- BYO drinks & nibbles
- Tour operates on Saturdays only, May to October
- No refund is given once a booking has been made
- A change of date & time of a tour can be made free of charge
- A full refund is given if the cruise is cancelled by The Operator due to seasonal river conditions or any other unforeseen circumstance
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely