- Get up to $20 in cashback when you book with us
- National Park entry fees
- World Heritage-listed Ubirr rock art site
- Guided bush walks
- Australian wildlife sightings
- Accredited outback driver-guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner-city pick-up and drop-off
- Option upgrade to include the Spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise
- Personal expenses
What to Expect
Take an adventure of a lifetime uncovering the very best Kakadu has to offer. Leave tropical Darwin travelling through the rich floodplains towards Kakadu National Park. This 20,000 square kilometre area is teeming with wildlife, important Aboriginal rock art sites, and diverse landscapes.
The first stop of the day is an optional upgrade to do the Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River or a visit to the Fogg Dam Conservation Centre. The traditional lands of the Limilngan-Wulna people (who are active in the reserve's management) are one of the most spectacular places to explore the diverse wildlife of the Top End, home to numerous species of birds, turtles, water pythons and of course the iconic Saltwater Crocodile.
The next stop is the Bowali Visitor Centre to learn more about the rich indigenous culture and history of this special place. Stroll through the Marrawuddi Gallery, with artwork and jewellery made by the Mirarr Traditional Owners from parts of Kakadu National Park. You'll also have time to break for lunch (own expense). Then, stop at the famous Cahills Crossing in search of crocodiles at this eye-opening stretch of water, the only road access point between Arnhem Land and Kakadu National Park.
Finally, it's time for the highlight of the day. Visit the World Heritage-Listed, Ubirr rock art sacred site. It's home to some of the oldest and best-preserved rock art galleries in the world, dating back some 20,000 years and discover the hidden secrets with a guided walk.
Where we visit:
- Kakadu National Park
- Adelaide River
- Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve
- Bowali Visitor Centre
- Marrawuddi Gallery
- Cahills Crossing
- Ubirr rock art sacred site
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend you bring:
- Refillable 1-litre water bottle
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snacks & meals
A moderate level of fitness is required for traversing uneven terrain.
Yes. The child policy for this tour is 6-12 years. These trips require a moderate level of fitness to complete walks and have an element of safety required. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour
- The minimum age is 6 years. The child policy is 6-12 years. These trips require a moderate level of fitness to complete walks and have an element of safety required. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children 17 years old and under, must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility-impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers
- There is limited storage space on the vehicle, so baggage must be kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person
- Please notify the operator of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking
- Although every effort is made, the supplier shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage.
- The supplier retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, bus types and configurations, fares adjustments, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- The customer shall comply with all Government (Federal, State and Territory) COVID entry restrictions and vaccination guidelines or testing requirements for entry into Australia and/or at the time of travel for tour and transport services. Where the customer is not vaccinated and/or tested prior to departure, the customer will forfeit any and all monies paid and GLT holds the right to refuse to board. Where the customer cancels due to travel restrictions other than vaccination or testing requirements, the operator shall have the discretion to
(a) offer a refund or credit voucher (to be used at a later time); or
(b) to forfeit any and all monies paid by the customer.
For the purposes of (a), the operator reserves the right to withhold such a reasonable sum to cover administrative expenses and other losses, dependent on when notice of cancellation is given by the customer.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
(a) Flexible Date Changes – unlimited supply of free date changes available up until 7-days prior to departure; or
(b) 2 to 7-days prior to departure:
- we will hold 100% of the deposit paid by you as a credit voucher, valid for redemption within 3-years from the date of purchase
- any credit voucher resulting from cancellation may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia; or
(c) 8-days or more prior to departure,
- we will refund the balance paid by you in connection to your booking less any unrecoverable costs; or
(d) failure to board on tour or cancelled within 2-days/48-hrs will result in full fare forfeiture of the ticket price and not eligible for a refund; or
(e) cancellation prior to departure due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate, we will refund 100% of monies paid by you either directly or via your booking agent.
- Travelodge Resort Darwin - 64 Cavenagh St Darwin City
Reviews for Kakadu Wilderness Escape Tour from Darwin and Croc Cruise option
Get Instant Confirmation