- There is something for everyone during the Outdoor Show!
- Demonstrations of horse and dog training
- Meet some friendly four-legged station animals
- Hear multi Golden Guitar winning singer/songwriter, Tom Curtain, sing his chart-topping songs
- Free refreshments including cold water
- Option for standard 1.5-hour show
- Option for extended 2.5-hour show
- Less of a 'show' and more of a real demonstration of horse starting and working dog training. Meet the four-legged station crew and sing along to Tom Curtain's national award-winning songs including Territory Time, Speak Up, Never Never Land, and Smack Bang. In comparison to the Standard Show, the Extended Show provides greater insight into horse and dog training and includes additional morning or afternoon tea.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Multiple Golden Guitar winner Tom Curtain puts on a show to provide guests with a taste of the Australian outback. Enjoy and culture through real horse-starting and working dog demonstrations, live music, and storytelling at this Outdoor Show experience! There is dust and chaos, and things don't always go to plan, but that's part of the beauty and charm of the outback as we know it.
Tom Curtain's Katherine Outback Experience celebrates the Northern Territory's unique pastoral history. This is not your standard run-of-the-mill type of Outback Show or tour, rather it is an experience! It is raw and real, the same as if an audience wasn't present. This hands-on experience is located on an operating farm, just 6 kilomtres south of Katherine.
From the comfort of elevated seating under the shade of an indoor arena, guests watch and learn as the young horses and working dogs are trained for working life on the land. The team explains the psychology behind the training process, highlighting what can be achieved from a relationship built on trust. Guests are also invited to pat and feed the station animals including the horses, dogs, buffalo, cattle and goats to name a few. The Show wouldn't be complete without stories from the Team's experiences of living and working on the land, together with some of Tom's original award-winning songs.
There is something for everyone during the Outdoor Show. The kids love feeding the animals and cuddling the puppies, whilst the adults are mesmerised by Tom's horse and dog training knowledge, skill, and patience. The show wouldn't be complete without some hilarious bush yarns and some catchy Australian music tunes from Tom's award-winning albums.
The show offers a standard 1.5 hour show, extended 2.5 hour show, which is less of a 'show' and more of a real demonstration of horse starting and working dog training. Gates open 15 minutes prior to the start of the show. Please arrive on time.