- Great Barrier Reef Full Day Adventure
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- 4 hours at Hardy Reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to the underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea
- Camira Sailing Adventure
- Scenic return sailing adventure through the Whitsundays to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Snorkelling the fringing reef
- BBQ lunch, soft drinks, and water
- Beer and wine from 11 am
- Beach activities
- Guided walk to Hill Inlet and lookout (tidal dependent)
Best of the Whitsundays from Daydream IslandThe Best of the Whitsundays combines two iconic experiences in one great package – a sailing trip to Whitehaven Beach, and a full day Great Barrier Reef Adventure.
- Optional activities on the Great Barrier Reef (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving
What to Expect
The Whitsundays is well known as the Heart of the Great Barrier Reef, and home to the world's very best, Whitehaven Beach. But which one should you visit? See both of these incredible natural wonders with this Best of the Whitsundays package, which combines both a Great Barrier Reef full-day Adventure and Camira Sailing Adventure.
The Great Barrier Reef Full-day Adventure will have you onboard a high-speed, luxury vessel through the Whitsunday Island National Park. Pass by islands, secluded bays, and isolated beaches en route to Reefworld, a state-of-the-art pontoon permanently moored at Hardy Reef on the Great Barrier Reef. Reefworld allows guests to appreciate the Great Barrier Reef with a range of activities both in and out of the water.
It's located adjacent to a coral wall in protected bays where you can explore the length and depth of the reef life in the area. The prolific fish life will surprise and delight you – especially the giant grouper! Fully immerse yourself by snorkelling, diving, and swimming with the thousands of fish. All the gear you need for snorkelling is provided including sterilized mouthpieces for the snorkels.
If you’d rather stay dry, experience the reef from the underwater observatory or take a ride in a semi-submarine. After a sumptuous buffet lunch, you’ll have more time to explore before you head back to shore with lifelong memories of this epic Australian icon.
Camira Sailing Adventure is your ultimate Whitsundays sailing adventure to Whitehaven Beach on board Camira – the big purple catamaran! Sail through the azure blue waters of the Whitsunday Islands, walk to Hill Inlet, snorkel the inner fringing reefs and enjoy a BBQ lunch on board.
And the best part? Apart from sinking your toes into the pure white silica sands of Whitehaven Beach of course! Camira Sailing Adventure is a fully inclusive day cruise, you don’t need to reach for your wallet! All activities, morning and afternoon tea, a delicious BBQ lunch, and all refreshments are included whilst on board. Camira is licensed to serve beer and wine from 11 am. Not just a cruise but an awesome experience!
Where we visit:
- Great Barrier Reef Full Day Adventure
- Hardy Reef
- Reefworld Platform
- Camira Sailing Adventure
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet
- Reefs for snorkelling
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for windy or cool days
- Credit card for onboard purchases, drinks packages or optional activities
National Parks have recently installed two large covered areas to provide shade for visitors to Whitehaven Beach, as there is limited natural shade available. To assist our guests at Whitehaven Beach we also have two large marquees set up to provide additional cover. We can also provide individual sun shades, please ask your onboard crew for further details (subject to availability).
It takes approximately 3 hours to get to Hardy Reef, depending on the weather and sea conditions.
Snorkelling is available for guests travelling on the Camira Sailing Adventure and Great Barrier Reef Full Day Adventure. Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & flippers) is available free of charge for guests booked on these tours.
Scuba diving is available (at an additional cost) for guests travelling on the Great Barrier Reef Full Day Adventure. We provide our guests with the opportunity to dive, whether certified or introductory, guided by one of the qualified instructors.
Please note: Age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed. Divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. All diving is operated by a 3rd party and booking to dive with them deems acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Home to an explosion of colourful marine life, the Whitsundays’ natural environment is truly special. Offshore you’ll find six of the world’s seven species of turtle, along with delicate coral reefs and migrating humpback whales, who frequent the area from June to October.
Thirty-two of the islands are protected as the Whitsunday Islands National Park – including Whitsunday, Hook, Hamilton and Hayman – but it remains our responsibility to reduce the human impact as much as possible.
- Leave shells and plants where you find them: the only thing you should take with you is your rubbish.
- Don’t rush to flush and take short showers: freshwater is precious on the islands.
- Never touch or stand on coral, even if you are wearing flippers.
- Never touch marine life (fish, turtles etc) – human bacteria can make them sick.
Our vaccination policy provides guidance in the absence of mandated state-based health orders and/or other Government directives.
We believe that this policy helps to safeguard our valued guests, our employees, and the communities in which we operate across the country.
We will continue to diligently monitor this ever-evolving landscape and will make amendments to our policy as and when required.
Extended Journeys: Guests booked on the below journeys will be required to be fully vaccinated for travel from 1 January 2022.
Extended journeys and tours where overnight accommodation is necessary include: The Ghan, Indian Pacific, and Great Southern rail journeys; Outback Spirit, its camps, and lodges; Sal Salis, Cruise Whitsunday’s Reefstays and Horizontal Falls overnight adventures.
Proof of vaccination will be required at check-in and must be sighted by the supplier's staff.
Any Federal and/or State government mandates requiring vaccination before the date mentioned above will supersede the above date.
The supplier aims to provide guests with confidence that our incredible crews, guides, hosts and fellow travellers who will be with them on their extended journey/tour will be fully vaccinated.
Guests and employees with a contraindication to any available COVID vaccine may receive an exemption provided they can provide a valid medical certificate and record a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to the time of departure.
Non-vaccinated exempted guests may also be subject to additional specific requirements, such as the use of PPE, for example wearing a face mask throughout their journey, except while eating and drinking, or in their private cabin/quarters.
Guests who are unable to meet these vaccination requirements are requested to contact the supplier or their travel agent for assistance with their booking, which will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Guests who are unable to receive both vaccines for travel from 1 January 2022, will unfortunately not be able to travel with us at this time.
In this circumstance, please notify the supplier a minimum of 45 days prior to your departure/stay/experience for assistance in organising a future travel credit or alternative arrangement.
Day Experiences: Our preference is that all guests who book and travel with us on a day experience are fully vaccinated.
Guests may be requested to verify their vaccination status and if unvaccinated, should be aware that they may be required to wear face masks and physically distance.
All government mandates applicable to vaccine requirements for visitors to day venues and service experiences will supersede the supplier's day experience policy.
Day experiences include: The Overland, Cruise Whitsundays day tours, Rottnest Express, Journey Beyond Cruise Sydney, Darwin Harbour Cruises, Eureka Skydeck and Eureka 89, Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures day trips.
- You must ensure that you are medically and physically fit for travel. Before you confirm your booking, you must advise us of any medical or physical condition(s) that may require medical attention, medication or special treatment during your cruise/stay
- You must check-in with our representative at the location stated on your Booking Confirmation no more than 1 hour and no later than 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult carer
- Passengers must always follow and carry out all lawful directions of the Master and/or crewmembers of the vessel
- For passenger safety reasons, all cruises will only proceed in suitable sea and weather conditions
- 100% cancellation fees apply within 48 hours of departure
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely