- Explore Daydream Island at your leisure for 8 hours
- Relax by the resort pool and enjoy the ocean views
- Get up close and learn about tropical marine life in the Living Reef Centre
- Delicious two-course lunch at Inkstone Kitchen & Bar
Daydream Island Full Day Tour + LunchExplore the newly re-opened Daydream Island!
- Return transfers from Airlie Beach for an additional cost — Adult Return $12.50, Child Return (4-14) $6.50, Infant (0-3) Free
What to Expect
Daydream is one of 74 islands in the Whitsundays with Whitehaven Beach, bush walks, and secret diving spots close by. Discover the laidback vibe of the newly reopened Daydream Island – the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. Spend your time swimming, enjoying the scenic surroundings, or learning about the Great Barrier Reef marine life at the Living Reef.
Start your day with a scenic cruise from Port of Airlie or Hamilton Island to Daydream Island, docking at the island’s exclusive private marina. From here you can choose your own activities: relax by the pool and admire the views, discover over 100 species of marine life in the newly extended Living Reef, and learn more about them from the onsite marine biologists.
The Living Reef is a free form coral lagoon that wraps 200 meters around the central building on Daydream Island. It's home to over 100 species of local marine life including fish, small sharks, rays, and other reef-dwelling creatures. Up to 15 meters wide and containing fresh, filtered seawater, this man-made reef system offers a range of ways to get up close to resident marine animals.
The Underwater Observatory takes you 4 meters under the surface and showcases a large 7 x 3m window where you can watch the marine life going about their day. The open learning environment in the Education Centre has 8 living displays showcasing various habitats from mangroves to corals, a theatrette, and an interactive touch pool.
Then you'll be treated to a delicious two-course lunch at Inkstone Kitchen & Bar. Remember: this is a full-day tour. Unless you have accommodation booked, don’t miss the boat back to Airlie Beach! With an array of activities across the island, there's something to keep everyone entertained on Daydream Island.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swimwear and beach towel
- Sunhat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
- Cash/credit card
Our vaccination policy provides guidance in the absence of mandated state-based health orders and/or other Government directives.
We believe that this policy helps to safeguard our valued guests, our employees, and the communities in which we operate across the country.
We will continue to diligently monitor this ever-evolving landscape and will make amendments to our policy as and when required.
Extended Journeys: Guests booked on the below journeys will be required to be fully vaccinated for travel from 1 January 2022.
Extended journeys and tours where overnight accommodation is necessary include: The Ghan, Indian Pacific, and Great Southern rail journeys; Outback Spirit, its camps, and lodges; Sal Salis, Cruise Whitsunday’s Reefstays and Horizontal Falls overnight adventures.
Proof of vaccination will be required at check-in and must be sighted by the supplier's staff.
Any Federal and/or State government mandates requiring vaccination before the date mentioned above will supersede the above date.
The supplier aims to provide guests with confidence that our incredible crews, guides, hosts and fellow travellers who will be with them on their extended journey/tour will be fully vaccinated.
Guests and employees with a contraindication to any available COVID vaccine may receive an exemption provided they can provide a valid medical certificate and record a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to the time of departure.
Non-vaccinated exempted guests may also be subject to additional specific requirements, such as the use of PPE, for example wearing a face mask throughout their journey, except while eating and drinking, or in their private cabin/quarters.
Guests who are unable to meet these vaccination requirements are requested to contact the supplier or their travel agent for assistance with their booking, which will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Guests who are unable to receive both vaccines for travel from 1 January 2022, will unfortunately not be able to travel with us at this time.
In this circumstance, please notify the supplier a minimum of 45 days prior to your departure/stay/experience for assistance in organising a future travel credit or alternative arrangement.
Day Experiences: Our preference is that all guests who book and travel with us on a day experience are fully vaccinated.
Guests may be requested to verify their vaccination status and if unvaccinated, should be aware that they may be required to wear face masks and physically distance.
All government mandates applicable to vaccine requirements for visitors to day venues and service experiences will supersede the supplier's day experience policy.
Day experiences include: The Overland, Cruise Whitsundays day tours, Rottnest Express, Journey Beyond Cruise Sydney, Darwin Harbour Cruises, Eureka Skydeck and Eureka 89, Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures day trips.
- Coach pickup/drop can only be purchased with the accommodation options listed. If you do not require a coach transfer or you are staying elsewhere, please select the ‘Meet at Port of Airlie’ option and continue with your booking.
- Coach transfers are only available on the day of tour, should you return on an earlier or later service we cannot offer a return transfer.
- Weather. Check the weather – for passenger safety reasons, all cruises will only proceed in suitable sea and weather conditions.
- Luggage. Passengers must comply with the relevant luggage requirements set out on the Website.
- Travel Insurance. We strongly recommend passengers take out travel insurance at the time of booking to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
- Fit to Travel. You must ensure that you are medically and physically fit for travel. Before you confirm your booking, you must advise us of any medical or physical condition(s) that may require medical attention, medication or special treatment during your cruise/stay. We may also ask you to complete a health questionnaire. If a guest has a condition that we decide may significantly affect the enjoyment, health or safety of themselves or any other person on board, we can refuse or cancel a booking.
- For diving. A third-party provider operates the diving activity. They may require divers to complete a medical questionnaire and satisfy age and medical requirements. We understand divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of flying after diving. We recommend you check requirements with Reef Safari Pty Ltd, the third-party operator.
- For Reef Sleep/Suites - Please return the medical disclosure form to Cruise Whitsundays 24 hours prior to departure.
- Free of charge more than 48 hours prior to departure
- Within 48 hours prior to departure, fare difference and third party amendment fees will be incurred
- Fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to departure
- 50% cancellation fees apply between 24 and 48 hours prior to departure
- 100% cancellation fees apply within 24 hours of departure
- - Meet at Hamilton Island Marina
- - Meet at Port of Airlie
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely