- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 3-day 2-night 4WD adventure to K'gari (Fraser Island), the largest sand island in the world
- Beach cabin accommodation, shared rooms (up to 6 guests) with ensuites, including all linen & bath towels
- Fully automatic 4WD Toyota Landcruiser vehicles for a follow-the-leader style adventure where you can choose to drive or be driven
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) with fresh, healthy options to suit a range of dietary requirements, plus tea & coffee
- Use of SUP & floaties for exploring Lake McKenzie & Eli Creek
- Sunset boomerang throwing session & didgeridoo demonstration
- A professional, adventurer guide will take you to the most amazing places of K’gari
- Convenient return transfers from both Noosa & Rainbow Beach
- Vehicle, ferry & national park fees
- Please note bookings are on request and may take 72 hours to confirm
K'gari (Fraser Island) 3-Day 2-Night 4WD Adventure TourVisit some of the most iconic sites on K'gari (Fraser Island), learn more about Indigenous culture, & enjoy the natural beauty on this exciting 4WD adventure tour including beach cabin accommodation & all meals.
What to Expect
K'gari (Fraser Island) is the largest sand island in the world and a true bucket-list destination for Australians and visitors alike. It's known for its stunning lakes, creeks, beaches and abundant wildlife.
On this all-inclusive, 3-day, 2-night tour from Noosa or Rainbow Beach, you will get to experience the very best of this famous island with the help of a knowledgeable local tour guide. See the magical Lake McKenzie, marvel at the towering rainforest and cruise along endless sandy beaches! Learn how to drive a 4WD like a local and discover the best of this world heritage listed National Park.
Switch off and reconnect with nature as your guide takes care of everything for you. With all your meals lovingly prepared for you, beautiful beachfront accommodation, a campfire, reliable 4WDs and a cracking tour guide to show you around, you're invited to just take it all in. It's all the adventure you want for your island holidays but without any of the hassle of organising it.
Your tour starts with pick-ups from both Noosa and Rainbow Beach, departing weekly. Then, taking a follow-the-leader style approach, you can choose to drive or simply be a passenger in the reliable and rugged 4WD vehicles that will take you on this adventure.
All your accommodation is included, staying in shared Beach Cabins with ensuites at the Eco Retreat on 75 Mile Beach. Let the ocean lull you to sleep and wake up to a spectacular sunrise over the ocean. You could also spend your life looking up at the night sky here, with no light pollution, stargazing on K’gari Fraser Island is special.
- Lake Boorangora (Lake McKenzie)
- Lake Wabby
- Champagne Pools
- Maheno Ship Wreck
- Lazy Eli Creek
- Central Station
- Tukee Warru
- Double Island Point*
* You may not be able to visit all these locations on Fraser Island as they are the most dependent on the tides. K'gari (Fraser Island) is constantly changing and not all tour highlights and extras are available all year round.
Highlights include Lake Boorangora (Lake McKenzie), a stunning perch lake located in the heart of the island, with calm, clear blue waters and beautiful white sands. It's the perfect place to go for a refreshing swim, take a stand-up paddleboard out, or soak up the sun on the sand. You'll also visit Lake Wabby, the deepest lake on the island with its green waters and abundant fish life. It's fed by a natural spring and sits adjacent to the Hammerstone Sandblow.
As you drive along 75 Mile Beach, you visit Eli Creek, the largest creek on the eastern coast. It pours four million litres of water into the ocean every hour. Take a stroll along the boardwalk, then hit the water and float back out towards the coast. A little further along is the Maheno Wreck, K'gari's most famous wreck. It ran aground on the coast during a cyclone in 1935, and it is now one of the island's most iconic attractions.
Located towards the north of the island, near Tukee Warru, is the Champagne Pools. These unique natural rock formations create shallow swimming holes that are filled by waves crashing in from the ocean, creating a fizzing "champagne" effect. It's the perfect way to cool off after taking the boardwalk down from the headland, which also offers incredible views.
Your adventure also includes the Central Station Rainforest. Previously a logging camp, it's home to a vast array of the island's flora & fauna. Marvel at the soaring satinay trees,kauripines, and the massive Angiopteris ferns. Take the scenic boardwalk through the rainforest along Wanggoolba Creek, listening to the quiet rustle of leaves and melodic birdcalls.
Finally, sustainability and cultural respect are at the heart of what K'gari Fraser Island Adventures does, so your guide will also teach you about the significance of K'gari to the Butchulla people. Enjoy a sunset boomerang throwing lesson and a didgeridoo demonstration to learn about the oldest woodwind instrument in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! The supplier offers alternative options for those that suffer from wheat, gluten or dairy intolerance and they also cater to vegetarian and vegan requirements easily and at no extra cost.
You need to be prepared for all weather conditions when visiting Fraser Island so it’s always a good idea to bring:
- A small backpack
- Swim wear
- Warm jumper and a raincoat
- 1 litre refillable water bottle
- Insect repellent (Nov-Mar)
- Your camera!
- …and any alcohol or snacks you may want (there are shops on the island, but they are very expensive!)
4WDriving around Fraser Island is heaps of fun and the highlight of the trip for many. There is no need to stress about navigating the beach or knowing all of the 4WD techniques - all you have to do is follow your guides wheel tracks and simple instructions. All vehicles on this tour are automatic and have constant 4WD, so you can relax and take in the scenery.
You are eligible to drive if you are over 21 years of age, you passed your drivers license more than 12 months ago, and you have a full, clean license.
You will need to show your ID Card Licence - it is illegal to drive in Queensland without having your licence on you, and if the police stop you on Fraser Island, you could receive a very hefty fine. You will need to provide an international translation if your licence is not written in English.
- Drivers/Passengers are under the direction of the lead driver/guide and will only drive in a tag-along formation
- All drivers must be 21 years of age or over, hold a current valid/full drivers licence, have held their licence for more than 12 months and have no drink driving convictions and/or other driving offences that have resulted in their licence being suspended/revoked from them within the last 5 years
- Individuals are responsible for any damages to the vehicle or equipment and facilities at any accommodation facility provided
- Tour itineraries and accommodation options are subject to change without notice due to tide times, seasons, weather conditions or any other circumstances
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations made within 14 days of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations made within 7 days of departure: 100% of the cost
- All cancellations regardless of notice given: $50 refund processing fee
Reviews for K'gari (Fraser Island) 3-Day 2-Night 4WD Adventure Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely