- 1-hour Aquaduck city & river tour
- Expert live commentary
- On-board audio guide available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese & Korean
- Opportunity for kids to drive the Aquaduck while in the water
Gold Coast Aquaduck City Tour & River CruiseIt's a bus! It's a boat! It's a duck! Take a 1 hr journey on this famous amphibious ‘Duck’ vessel and explore the rivers around the Gold Coast as well as the city!
What to Expect
This is Australia’s first amphibious Aquaduck ride, where you get to experience a Gold Coast city tour and river cruise in one. The famous amphibious ‘Duck’ vessel with its big yellow beak is now a famous Gold Coast icon.
The city tour portion of the Aquaduck experience begins in the heart of Surfers Paradise on Cavill Avenue. Head out along the famous Surfers Paradise beach towards the glamour and beauty of Main Beach. Along the way, we take in the Pacific Ocean, Southport Yacht Club, Marina Mirage, Palazzo Versace and learn about the Gold Coast as we head to the Broadwater. With live commentary on board, it's a great way to learn about the history and landmarks of the Gold Coast.
Once the tour reaches Broadwater, that's where the Aquaduck really gets to show its true colours splashing into the water for a scenic cruise of the spectacular river. Cruise past the glitzy waterfront mansions of the rich and famous and take in the spectacular views of the Gold Coast canals with its famous sights and natural wildlife.
The Aquaduck has a unique seating layout offering you more room to stand and move around once you are on the water, along with great views. Children will also have the opportunity to drive the Aquaduck and receive a Captain's certificate.
Where we visit:
- Surfers Paradise
- Cavill Avenue
- Main Beach
- Southport Yacht Club
- Palazzo Versace Hotel
Frequently Asked Questions
Check-in time is 20 minutes prior to departure.
We recommend you park at Bruce Bishop carpark which is just around the corner and is the cheapest. There is also parking available at Circle on Cavill.
People of any age can ride the Aquaduck, even babies. Child rates are available for 2-16 years. 0-1 years are free on their parent’s lap.
This is completely up to you. The ride is bumpy and maybe uncomfortable from time to time. Many of our tour guides have been pregnant working on the duck up until 9 months but it’s up to you.
Yes, we do. The vessel is fully covered and in wet conditions, we have clear pull-down sides to keep the water out.
No, you will not get wet on the Aquaduck ride.
Strollers, luggage and wheelchairs can be stored at Aquaduck HQ for the duration of your tour.
Yes, the Aquaduck is very safe. You don’t need to swim as we will be keeping you onboard the whole time. We also carry life jackets on board in case of emergency and our trained staff will assist in this situation.
No. It does not. Once we are on the water, the skipper will offer all children the opportunity to have a turn at driving the Duck if they wish. If they choose to do so, they will be presented with the Aquaduck Captains Certificate personalised with their name. This is free of charge and part of the Aquaduck experience.
The Aquaduck vessels are not wheelchair accessible, unfortunately. There are 5 steps to climb into the Aquaduck. If you can do the stairs our team are happy to assist you into the duck.
Service dogs are permitted onboard.
Water bottles are accepted onboard, however, no other food or other drinks.
Public toilets are available in Circle on Cavill next to Woolworths and the Paradise Centre Shopping Centre.
Lucky for you it’s both! As we are a bus and a boat you get two tours for the price of one. The Aquaduck tour spends approximately 40mins on the water and 20mins on the road.
- Child prices apply to 2-16 years. Infants 0-1 are free of charge provided they sit on parent's lap. Infants must be pre-booked to ensure onboard capacity is not breached.
- Guests must check-in 20 minutes prior to departure time
- Guest must obey all reasonable written and verbal instructions and warnings given by the Operator, including but not limited to, the use of all safety equipment provided and safety procedures
- Guests accept all risks and liabilities from his or her participation which could result in loss of life, permanent or temporary injury and loss or destruction of property
- Eating, drink, and smoking are not permitted whilst aboard, or whilst embarking or disembarking the vessel, vehicle or facility
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required to reschedule
- A minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancellations
- No refunds for late cancellations or no-shows
Reviews for Gold Coast Aquaduck City Tour & River Cruise
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely