- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 5-hour scenic cruise through the stunning Great Sandy Strait & Fraser Island's western beaches
- Opportunity to witness humpback whales, dolphins, dugongs & other local marine life in their natural environment
- Delicious morning tea of hot scones & profiteroles
- Plated lunch of hot & cold meats, salads & a warm roll in the beautiful surrounds of Platypus Bay
- Experienced crew sharing informative commentary to learn more about the marine life & the local region
- Convenient return transfers from selected Hervey Bay accommodation
Fraser Western Beaches Discovery Cruise - Hervey BayCruise the picturesque sights of the Great Sandy Strait aboard Freedom III, enjoying the opportunity to meet dolphins, whales & other playful locals
What to Expect
Soak up the pristine natural landscape of Fraser Island's western coast, including the crystal-clear turquoise waters of Platypus Bay, on an unforgettable scenic cruise. The sheltered waters surrounding Hervey Bay and Fraser Island play host to a myriad of incredible marine life, where you can get up close and personal with dolphins, dugongs and migrating humpback whales.
Departing the Great Sandy Straits Marina at 9.30 am, join your experienced crew onboard Freedom III for an amazing day out on the water. The purpose-built vessel is a comfortable 58-foot catamaran (previously owned by world-renowned documentary producer Ben Cropp) with 360-degree viewing on all three levels plus a water level viewing area to get you as close to the local marine life as possible.
Cruise through the calm waters of Hervey Bay en route to Moon Point, the widest part of Fraser Island. See Round Island, Big Woody Island and Pelican Bank along the way, where dugong and dolphin sightings are common. Fresh morning tea of hot scones and profiteroles will be served as you take in the picturesque scenery from Moon Point to Coongul Beach.
Further up the coastline, you will enjoy the sights of the Arch Cliffs and several creek entrances along the pristine beaches, where you may also see dingoes wandering the sand. If we are lucky there will be an early pod of humpback whales calling into Platypus Bay on their southern migration. Turtles are also often spotted in this region.
While relaxing in the beautiful surrounds of Platypus Bay, indulge in a tasty plated lunch of hot and cold meats, gourmet salads and a warm bread roll. Tea, coffee and filtered water is available all day, while soft drinks and other beverages are available to purchase from the bar.
Our Eco Accredited tours operate in an environmentally friendly way to ensure both the safety of our marine creatures as well as our guests. Also throughout your cruise, you will enjoy expert commentary from your skipper about the unique aspects of Fraser Island, and any marine creatures you are lucky enough to see so that you can fully appreciate this pristine environment and its amazing ecosystem.
This tour has a limited season operating in early July only so it is recommended to book early. Dolphin and whale sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Where We Visit
- Hervey Bay
- Moon Point
- Platypus Bay
- Smoking is not permitted on the vessel
- Passengers need a reasonable level of mobility
- Tours are subject to suitable weather conditions
- Cancellations made within 3 days of the tour date incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made with more than 3 days' notice incur an administration charge of 30% of total booking fee
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely