- Return transfers from Hobart
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary entry fee
- Mt. Field National Park entry fee
Falls & Devils – Mt Field Day Trip from Hobart
Take the beautiful natural scenery around Hobart including Mt Field, Mt Wellington, and the adorable Tassie Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This day trip is a nature lover’s dream. Start the day with a picturesque journey through the Derwent Valley to Mt. Field National Park. It's Tasmania's first national park and has excellent nature walks, beautiful vistas, and plenty of wildlife including native mammals, endangered species, and 11 of Tasmania's 12 endemic birds.
Russell Falls is the star attraction at Mt. Field National Park. It’s a short stroll underneath enormous fern forests and some of the world’s tallest trees to these multi-level cascading falls. This pretty waterfall is one of the most photographed attractions and even featured on Australia's first stamp.
After the calming effects of the tranquil walks, we follow the freshwater to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. This small sanctuary is run by a passionate team invested in preserving Australia's endangered wildlife. You'll see the elusive Tasmanian Devils, wombats, koalas, quolls, echidnas, sugar gliders, plus birds including tawny frogmouths and yellow-tailed black cockatoos. There are kangaroos that roam free within the Sanctuary and are always keen for a good scratch on the chest and gentle hand feeding.
Next up is a trip to the picturesque town of Richmond for a lunch stop (meals are not included). If you want to try the local food, then you can't go past a Tasmanian Scallop pie, which is just one of the wonders found in Richmond. Take time to wander around this quaint town and take a photograph of the oldest bridge in Australia. The Richmond Bridge is a heritage-listed sandstone arch bridge that's spanned the Coal River since 1825.
The final stop on the itinerary on the way back to Hobart is the summit of Mt. Wellington. Here you'll enjoy breathtaking, panoramic views of Hobart, Bruny Island, South Arm, and the Tasman Peninsula, so don't forget your camera. Depending on the weather and cloud cover, you might visit Mt. Wellington first in the day, to ensure the best possible views.
Where we visit:
- Mt. Wellington
- Mt. Field National Park
- Russel Falls
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Falls & Devils – Mt Field Day Trip from Hobart
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
How many people are there on each tour?
The maximum number of people on the tour is 12, including your driver/guide.
What level of fitness is required to join this tour?
A basic level of fitness is all that is needed to enjoy this tour. There isn’t anything demanding but each tour will require some walking.
Can children take tours and what is the age range?
Yes, children aged from 0-16 are welcome to join tours.
Do you provide car seat for younger children?
Yes, car seats are available.
What types of vehicles are used?
We use a Mercedes Benz Sprinter (2017) and a Toyota HiAce Commuter (2014) for most tours. Under some circumstances (car service/repair, large group booking etc, we hire vehicles.
What should I bring?
We suggest you bring water, sunscreen, a hat, a camera, and wear comfortable walking shoes. The weather in Tasmania can change quickly, so it's recommended to bring a warm layer as well.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions and the operator reserves the right to modify itineraries if the weather conditions on the day deem this to be necessary for either functioning or safety motives, refunds are not given when itineraries change
- Participants are required to be waiting out the front of your designated pickup location at least 5 minutes prior to departure
- The operator will not be liable for loss, injury or death sustained to a person or property arising from directly or indirectly connected to accommodation or any leisure activity organised by this office, whether caused by negligence or otherwise
- You agree to instruct us before the beginning of any tour of any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your capacity to partake in any part of the tour
- You can transfer the charge paid to a tour on a different date or obtain a complete refund if the operator cancels your tour
If you cancel your booking before departure for a single day tour, the following charges will apply:
- 19 to 30 days or more before the departure date: 25% of the fare;
- 8 to 18 days before the departure date: 50% of the fare; or
- 0 to 7 days or no show: 100% of the fare.
Requests to change tour departure date within 7 days of departure, may be subject to the cancellation policy. Alterations without fees/charges are at the discretion of management, fees of up to $100 per amendment may be charged.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions