- Top range kayaks and equipment
- Passionate and experienced local guides
- Warm all-weather protection gear
- Life jackets
- Fish & Chips
Hobart City Kayaking Tour - 2.5 HoursKayak around Hobart’s iconic waterfront and tuck into a fish & chips lunch.
What to Expect
Explore Hobart’s iconic waterfront from a different perspective on this unique kayaking trip through the heart of Tasmania’s beautiful capital city. Journey behind the scenes of this vibrant waterfront and uncover the history of this fascinating area on this amazing 2.5 hr inner-city adventure.
Paddle out to enjoy the picturesque views of Hobart’s spectacular harbour, nestled between rising mountains and flowing river and enjoy delicious fish and chips from the city’s famed floating fish punts as we take in all the watery highlights of this amazing city, from the working waterfront to wooden tall sailing ships, seals and dolphins!
Experience the beauty of Tasmania’s incredible capital city from an entirely unique perspective on this amazing kayaking tour! Make your own way to the waterfront, where we launch our boats, learn how to paddle and set off on our amazing Hobart adventure!
Follow our amazing guides as we go behind the scenes of the vibrant and iconic Hobart waterfront and embark on a watery journey through this incredible city. Paddle past old heritage houses, marvel at the amazing tall sailing ships and scan the turquoise waters for a glimpse of seals and dolphins as we glide along.
Paddle out to the ocean and enjoy the most amazing views of the city, as the light illuminates the mountains and the river sparkles. Take a break and watch as the city moves on around us, enjoying the tranquil serenity of the water as we kayak through this vibrant urban metropolis.
Round off our amazing 2.5 hr Hobart kayaking discovery tour with some locally caught fish and chips from the famed floating fish punts. Paddle alongside them and tuck into the delicious flaky fish and hot chips while you enjoy the best view in town!
This kayaking trip is suitable for everyone from beginner to expert!
Our tours are not suitable for children under 7 years of age. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and share a kayak with an adult or guide
Please let us know if you have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions that may affect your ability to participate
We do not take responsibility for any damage to cameras and personal items taken on our tours
What to Bring
Sunscreen/sunhat/sunglasses for Spring/Summer months
A change of clothes
Camera- ideally waterproof!
Nov- March: 10am and 4pm every day
April: 10am every day
May- October : 10am Friday, Saturday and Sundays
2.5 hours (with approximately 2 hours of kayaking)
Marieville Esplanade, Sandy Bay (opposite 16 Marieville Esplanade on the beach near the rowing sheds)
- Sea Kayaking is an outdoor water activity and participants should expect that they may get wet. We recommend bringing a change of clothes for after the tour.
- Cameras and personal items: You are welcome to bring along your camera and we will provide dry bags to keep it dry, but we do not take responsibility for any damage to cameras or other personal items (i.e. Mobile Phones, Sunglasses, Spectacles, Electric Car Keys Clothing, Wallets and Money etc) taken on our tours. Waterproof cameras and disposable waterproof cameras are ideal.
- All participants are required to complete an Acceptance of Risk form prior to joining any Roaring 40's Kayaking tour.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely