- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A full-day small-group nature tour to discover the wilderness, waterfalls, & wildlife of Tasmania
- National Park fees at Mount Field National Park, home of the famous Russell Falls
- Admission fees to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to see native Australian wildlife
- Admission to the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the southern hemisphere
- Transport onboard a climate-controlled minivan, with the services of a knowledgeable local driver and tour guide
- Optional pick-ups from selected Hobart CBD accommodation
- Departs from the meeting point at 20 Davey St, Hobart
Mount Field & Bonorong CircuitWilderness, waterfalls, fluffy native animals and history – this day tour has it all!
- Additional purchases throughout the day
What to Expect
Enjoy the drive through the Derwent Valley, past New Norfolk and into rich farming land as you head southwest to Mount Field National Park. Along the way, stop at The Salmon Ponds, where you can feed salmon and learn the history of trout fishing in Tasmania at this historic salmon hatchery.
Continue to the national park, home to Russell Falls, one of the most accessible and most photographed waterfalls in Tasmania. Spot glow worms as you stroll through temperate rainforest, past mossy glens and under giant man ferns. Grab a bite to eat at Waterfalls Café in the national park (not included).
Tasmania is a natural haven for Australian wildlife, and there are species here that don’t exist anywhere else in the world. Get up close and personal with the notorious Tasmanian Devil, cute wombats, fluffy quolls, possums, wallabies and a large variety of birdlife at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Don’t forget to have a chat with Fred, the 100-year-old cockatoo!
Finally, step back in time in the pretty historic village of Richmond. See the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge, browse through antique shops, and call into the oldest Catholic Church in Australia. Plus, there’s an old-school lolly shop for those with a sweet tooth.
Where we Visit:
- Mount Field National Park
- The Salmon Ponds
- Russell Falls
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Frequently Asked Questions
More important than age is attitude. The Operator has found over the years that if you have a curious temperament and a thirst for adventure, then age is no barrier for any of the tours. However, they ask that children please be accompanied by an adult.
In Tasmania, you can experience four seasons in one day. The east coast is often dry while the west coast is wet. Wear layers. The sun can get hot, but once it goes down, the cool can set in fast. The Operator recommends you bring a sunhat (and beanie), sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes and a waterproof jacket.
There is minimal walking on this tour, however, The Operator recommends that if you have serious medical conditions you call them first to discuss.
Due to the physical nature of this tour, it's not suitable for people with significant mobility issues.
The vehicles are conveniently equipped to carry collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- The Operator highly recommends all passengers have travel insurance for the duration of the tour
- Due to limited luggage restrictions on buses, pushers and prams are not permitted on some tours
- It’s important that you declare any pre-existing medical conditions when you book the tour with us
- All our tours are run by a trip leader and it is imperative that passengers listen to their guide’s instructions in order to stay safe. If you fail to respect the decision of your guide and/or fail to follow their instructions, disrupt the group or affect the mobility of the group, your guide can remove you from the tour effective immediately, with no right of a refund
- You can cancel your tour booking outside 7 days prior to the scheduled departure and receive a full refund less a 2% booking fee
- The Operator is unable to guarantee refunds for tours cancelled by you within 7 days of your departure date
- Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre
Reviews for Mount Field & Bonorong Circuit
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely