- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 2 tank double dive to see spectacular Grey Nurse Sharks in their natural environment
- A dive guide with group sizes of approximately 6 divers per guide
- Snacks & water between your dives
- Departs from the meeting point at Shop 11 – 12, The Wharf Mooloolaba, 123 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba QLD
Grey Nurse Shark Reef Double DiveExperience the thrill of a grey nurse shark dive at one of the most accessible shark dive sites in Queensland.
- Equipment hire
What to Expect
A Grey Nurse Shark Dive is one of the ultimate marine animal experiences a diver can have. The gentle nature and fearsome looks make for an exhilarating dive.
During the winter months of the year, the local reefs become a transitional home for the endangered Grey Nurse Shark. Often observed in groups circling the rock topography, this shark species is not aggressive and provides fantastic opportunities for the underwater photographer and videographer.
The site's topography features lovely boulders at the bottom of this site, ranging from 14 to 22 metres deep; you may also choose to explore the small swim-throughs.
Other marine life you may encounter include wobbegong sharks, large schools of surgeonfish, turtles, rays, cuttlefish, eels and tropical reef fish.
When you arrive, visit the crew at the check-in desk to show your diver certification card and ensure that your gear is organized. If you bring your own gear, the crew can carry it down to the dock, where you can set it up. If you pre-book hire gear, everything will be organized for you prior to check-in.
On departure to the local reefs, the trained crew will provide a thorough briefing for all divers about the sites you will visit and answer any questions you may have. Once the boat exits the calm waters of the Mooloolaba River system, it is around a 15-minute ride to the site. The vessel will be moored, and the crew will help you set up to get in the water.
Each dive is planned to last for either 50 minutes or will end to have you on the surface with 50 bar (whichever one comes first). Every dive is different depending on the conditions that day and time. Winter diving brings clear visibility ranging from 10 to 20 meters, and depths at the site vary from 14 to 30 metres catering to both beginner and advanced divers.
Between dives, you will come up for a surface interval where you are provided snacks and water. Feel free to bring along your own snacks if you have allergies or would like more substantial food.
Where we Visit:
- Mooloolaba River
- Wobby Rock Dive Site
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, and you will need to provide your certification card on check-in.
This is in open water and the crew suggests you consider seasickness tablets to minimize the risk of seasickness affecting your trip. There will not be any rebookings or refunds for being seasick.
The Wharf complex has 4-hour parking available, however, you will need to find suitable parking for the tour you are on as some of the trips will be over 4 hours. There are some unlimited parking spaces available outside of The Wharf Mooloolaba / SEA Life car park, however, please keep in mind especially if you are on an 11:30 am or later trip that parking can get very busy. Please give yourself at least 15-20 minutes for parking. You can find a parking map of The Wharf Mooloolaba here.
- Boarding is 30 minutes before the departure time
- The minimum age is 10 years, however, children 10 to 11 years must be accompanied by an adult or hire a private guide. The minimum age to dive without supervision is 12 years
- All divers must be certified and provide a certification card on check-in
- Each diver must complete a Diver Statement before diving. If you answer "yes" to taking medication (other than contraception and malaria medication), having an injury or illness that may affect your ability to dive, you will need doctors clearance before diving
- If you have not dived in the last 2 years or more you will be required to complete either a Scuba Review/Refresher Course or a Reactivate Course before you can participate in any diving activities
- This tour requires a minimum number of divers to go-ahead
- Guests must provide at least 72 hours notice should you need to cancel or transfer your booking. Failure to do so will incur a cancellation fee equal to your charter fee
- If cancelled or transferred within 24 hours, full payment is forfeited
Reviews for Grey Nurse Shark Reef Double Dive
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely