- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Cruise along the Sunshine Coast on a beautifully restored traditional sailing vessel
- Sail along a safe and scenic route in Mooloolaba canals
- Delve into native flavours and cuisine during your cruise
- Enjoy access to a fully stocked bar and local wine, beer, and spirits
- Learn about and pay respect to one of the world’s oldest cultures, the Kabi Kabi/Gubbi Gubbi people
2 Hour Mooloolaba Native Bushfoods And Seafood CruiseA relaxed lunchtime experience with delicious native ingredients and fresh local seafood.
What to Expect
Nestled in the crescent of the Sunshine Coast is Mooloolaba, a town famous for its gorgeous shoreline and perfect waters for recreational sailing given its ideal location. The name Mooloolaba is derived from the Aboriginal word mulu, or red snapper fish, so there is an abundance of fresh seafood too! Embark on a two-hour cruise through Mooloolaba canals as you enjoy platters of local produce, native ingredients, and fresh seafood along with a full bar stocked with local wine, beer, spirits, and cocktails.
Soak up the sun and relax on the deck as you gaze out at the postcard-perfect shoreline from the deck of a historical timber sailing vessel in the traditional waters of the Kabi Kabi/Gubbi Gubbi people. This tour is dedicated to creating a unique experience that will inspire a deeper connection to the indigenous culture and the ocean. The tour guide will share stories and timeless wisdom of one of the world’s oldest continuous living cultures, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
While on board the vessel, you will be treated to a variety of bushfood and seafood, including bunya nut pesto, bush-tomato relishes, finger lime dressings with fresh Mooloolaba prawns and oysters. Gorgeous overflowing charcuterie boards are available for you to enjoy at your leisure alongside bar offerings like the signature lemon myrtle cocktail.
You may even hear your tour guide discuss the cultural significance of many of the foods you are served, like the pesto from the bunya tree, which produces edible kernels inside of a cone with a flavor similar to that of a chestnut, and holds the cultural significance of many of the indigenous peoples. From crystal blue waters and white sand to red prawns and dark luscious grapes, you will have a vibrant and colorful time on this native bushfood and seafood cruise! Expand your palate and your knowledge of indigenous Australians while you travel along the Sunshine Coast on this tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the vessel has a fully licensed bar on board with a range of local craft beer, local spirits, and cocktails.
The tour can cater to most dietary requirements provided this is communicated 24 hours prior to the tour.
Yes, there is a newly renovated and comfortable bathroom on the vessel.
The safety and well-being of passengers is at the forefront of the tour, therefore if the weather forecast is heavy rains/winds we will communicate within 24 hours of each tour around our decision to postpone, in which case your ticket can be used on any future tours, or a full refund will be provided if necessary.
The deck space does have various obstacles and ropes. They do have seating under shade but the vessel itself is not wheelchair accessible. Please note, there are 3 steps down a ladder to access the bathroom and saloon area. Children under 14 must be supervised at all times. Babies welcome.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours before departure will forfeit the full cost of the trip.
- Credit is given only if cancellation occurs within three days prior to trip.
- Failure to turn up for your trip incurs a 100% cancellation fee. No refund.
- Please remember we are a small, family-run business and your decision to re-join us another time when we may need to postpone due to weather is appreciated.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely