- 1hr dolphin and marine scenic cruise
Dolphin & Scenic Marine Cruise from Mandurah
Traverse the stunning waterways and spot playful wild dolphins on this 1 hr interactive cruise through Mandurah's scenic canals and wetlands
- Transfers to or from Perth
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover the unique marine world that Mandurah is so famous for, on an interactive 1 hr cruise through the city’s calm, inland waterways. Enjoy the chance to spot playful wild dolphins as they feed, rest and play in their natural environment. Mandurah is home to Western Australia’s largest population of residential Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins – around 120 dolphins reside here! However, keep in mind that Mandurah’s dolphins are wild creatures viewed in their natural environment, so sightings aren't guaranteed.
Renowned for being one of Australia’s oldest fishing towns, Mandurah’s waterways produce some of the most highly prized seafood including the seasonal blue swimmer crab and Western Rock Lobster. Watch as your tour guide showcases how to catch these iconic creatures and see them up close in the onboard live tank.
Explore more than 20 kilometres of the city’s illustrious canals, framed with luxurious homes. Then cruise into the region’s vast wetlands, protected by the United Nations as a natural site of worldwide importance. Here you can use the binoculars to look for pelicans, ospreys, black swans, cormorants and other water birds. Along the way, you will also see significant heritage-protected landmarks and important cultural sites that still stand today.
Kids (and kids at heart) can have fun helping the Captain drive from the custom steering wheel at the front of the boat. Otherwise, simply sit back and relax, as you take in the sights and help yourself to complimentary coffee. A delicious lunch option is available onboard the 11:30 am cruises for an extra cost. Your knowledgeable tour guide and captain will provide live commentary throughout the cruise. If you have any questions about the unique marine environment and region, don't hesitate to ask them!
Where we visit:
- Peel-Yalgroup Wetland
Dolphin & Scenic Marine Cruise from Mandurah
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Child (5-12 years):
Family (2 adults + 2 children):
What should I bring?
We recommend bringing:
- warm top (it can get cool on the water)
Is this cruise wheelchair accessible?
A number of vessels have wheelchair/walking frame access. Please select this option when booking or to discuss which vessel suits your requirements.
Will the cruise still depart if it's raining?
Cruises operate in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Is this tour suitable for children?
This tour is suitable for all ages, with children's activities and toy box available on board.
Can I purchase snacks or drinks onboard?
You can purchase beverages or snacks from the fully-licensed bar aboard the Dancing Dolphin and Mandjar vessels only.
Where does this cruise depart from?
This cruise departs from the Mandurah Boardwalk jetty which is located in front of the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. Arrive 15 minutes prior to the cruise departure time for boarding. Please ensure you allow plenty of time to arrive for the cruise as our cruises run to schedule and can’t be extended.
- The operator reserve the right to alter schedules, prices and substitute one vessel with another if considered necessary
- In respect to any cancellation of a cruise, charter or function by the owners due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances including a minimum passenger requirement, they will endeavour to re-schedule the cruise within 12 months of the date that was cancelled
- Mandurah's dolphins are wild creatures viewed in their natural environment so sightings are not guaranteed
- Due to sustainable fishing laws, the operator is not permitted to perform catch demonstrations of blue swimmer crabs or have them on board from the end of August to the start of December
Should the Customer cancel or amend their booking for any reason, any card administration fees incurred by the operator shall be retained from any refund and shall not be included in the amounts referred to below.
- Any amendments or cancellations up to 14 days prior to the departure date shall be refunded in full
- From 14 days to 72 hours prior to the departure date, 50% ticket price will be refunded
- Cancellations or amendments from 72 hours onwards or failure to attend will be charged 100% ticket price
- The operator may make reasonable endeavours to re-schedule the Services if this is requested and reasonably possible. However, the operator shall be under no obligation to re-schedule the Services
- If the operator agrees to reschedule the Services from 72 hours prior to the start of the day of departure, and catering has been provided, the catering cost will be charged, plus an administration fee of $10, which covers the staff cost of fulfilling catering orders related to those Services
Read full supplier's terms & conditions