- Half-day cruise on the Murray River
- Afternoon tea
- Tea & coffee
Murray River Lunch Cruise from Mandurah
Indulge in a delicious lunch as you soak in the scenery of the stunning Murray River on this relaxing half-day cruise.
- Transfers to or from Perth
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enjoy a relaxing half-day lunch cruise exploring Mandurah’s picturesque waterways and the serene Murray River. It's the longest permanent river in the Jarrah Forest and one of the few major rivers that remains undammed. Popular with canoeists, kayakers, fishermen and nature-lovers, it is one of the Shire of Murray’s most picturesque attractions.
Start the morning cruising through the beautiful Mandurah city centre. Continue past the world-renowned RAMSAR listed Creery Wetlands, teeming with birdlife. As we cross the Peel Inlet, be on the look-out for playful dolphins, who love to surf in our vessel’s wake. Mandurah is home to Western Australia’s largest population of residential Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins – around 120 dolphins reside here! However, keep in mind that Mandurah’s dolphins are wild creatures viewed in their natural environment, so sightings aren't guaranteed.
On entering the serene, winding Murray River a delicious lunch will be served on board (menu below), with drinks available for purchase from the bar. Sit back, relax and take in the stunning scenery, passing quaint homes and more wildlife as we cruise as far as the Murray River Bridge (Forrest Highway).
During the return journey, we'll stop at the Coopers Mill heritage island site (pending weather & jetty access), where afternoon tea will be served and you are welcome to wander or follow our tour guide to learn more about the mill. Following the stop at Cooper's Mill, we'll then cross the Peel Inlet, returning to Mandurah.
- Ham, salami and a selection of sliced cheeses
- Roast chicken, asparagus and eggs
- Prawns with lemon wedges and seafood dressing (on the side)
- Potato salad
- Garden salad
- Bread rolls and a variety of condiments
- Dessert is a selection of freshly made cakes, grapes and strawberries
- Tea and instant coffee
- Beer, wine & soft drinks are available for purchase onboard
Where we visit:
- Mandurah city centre
- Peel Inlet
- RAMSAR listed Creery Wetlands
- Murray River to the Murray River Bridge
- Coopers Mill heritage island site
Murray River Lunch Cruise from Mandurah
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
Child (5-12 years):
What should I bring?
We recommend bringing:
- warm top (it can get cool on the water)
Is this cruise wheelchair accessible?
The vessel that operates the Murray River Lunch Cruise, the Dancing Dolphin, is wheelchair/walking frame friendly. The landing at Coopers Mill is not wheelchair/walking frame friendly and so guests with wheelchairs/walking frames won’t be able to disembark the vessel at this short stop.
Will the cruise still depart if it's raining?
Cruises operate in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
Can I purchase snacks or drinks onboard?
You can purchase beer, wine, and soft drink from the fully-licensed bar.
Where does this cruise depart from?
This cruise departs from the Mandurah Boardwalk jetty which is located in front of the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. Arrive 15 minutes prior to the cruise departure time for boarding. Please ensure you allow plenty of time to arrive for the cruise as our cruises run to schedule and can’t be extended.
- The operator reserve the right to alter schedules, prices and substitute one vessel with another if considered necessary
- In respect to any cancellation of a cruise, charter or function by the owners due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances including a minimum passenger requirement, they will endeavour to re-schedule the cruise within 12 months of the date that was cancelled.
- Mandurah's dolphins are wild creatures viewed in their natural environment so sightings are not guaranteed
- No smoking is permitted on board any of Mandurah Cruises vessels or on the departure jetty
Should the Customer cancel or amend their booking for any reason, any card administration fees incurred by the operator shall be retained from any refund and shall not be included in the amounts referred to below.
- Any amendments or cancellations up to 14 days prior to the departure date shall be refunded in full
- From 14 days to 72 hours prior to the departure date, 50% ticket price will be refunded
- Cancellations or amendments from 72 hours onwards or failure to attend will be charged 100% ticket price
- The operator may make reasonable endeavours to re-schedule the Services if this is requested and reasonably possible. However, the operator shall be under no obligation to re-schedule the Services
- If the operator agrees to reschedule the Services from 72 hours prior to the start of the day of departure, and catering has been provided, the catering cost will be charged, plus an administration fee of $10, which covers the staff cost of fulfilling catering orders related to those Services
Read full supplier's terms & conditions