- Return Silversonic cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef, with stops at 3 different Agincourt Reef sites for 5 hours on the reef
- Choice of 1 or 2 introductory dives, complete with full instruction, all equipment, & guided diving
- The chance to explore the dynamic & beautiful underwater world of the ribbon reef & coral gardens
- All meals, including morning & afternoon teas on board as you sail, plus a tropical buffet lunch
- Reef interpretation & dive brief at each site
- Qualified Lifeguard on hand for peace of mind
- Check-in at the Silversonic/Quicksilver counter inside Port Douglas Marina between 7.30 - 8am for an 8.30am departure
- Transfers to and from Cairns, Northern Beaches, or Port Douglas accommodation
- Environmental Management Charge, which contributes to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority's management & conservation of the reef
What to Expect
So you'd like to explore the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef. With an Introductory Dive (or sometimes known as a "Discover Dive" or "Resort Dive"), no previous experience is necessary, and you'll be able to experience the excitement of scuba diving whilst under the very close supervision of an instructor.
The onboard and highly skilled dive instructors will take you step-by-step through the whole experience, from the dive briefing lecture, the equipment and the dive, to ensure all facets of your experience are comfortable and, most of all, enjoyable.
On the outbound journey to the Reef, instructors assess the suitability of potential introductory divers, and you'll be required to complete the necessary paperwork, which includes a medical questionnaire. You'll be taught the fundamentals of scuba diving as well as the use of equipment. There's a video to watch and a quick quiz to complete. All equipment, including wetsuits and prescription masks (if required), are included in the introductory dive price.
Once at the Reef, it's out to the dive deck and ready to gear up! Your instructor will make sure you're comfortable with the basic skills again, and you're ready for your underwater adventure! The Great Barrier Reef is more about shallow scuba diving, and your dive may take you as deep as 12 metres (40 feet).
The instructor is by your side the whole time, and you can even link arms if you feel the need. Your dive experience will generally last around 30 minutes underwater. If you're hooked by the end, you've got the option to try a second introductory dive at another site to experience a whole new reef environment!
After your dive experience, you'll get a PADI Certificate as a memento of your underwater adventure. This certificate is not a qualification – it is simply a memento of one of the best experiences of your life.
In between water activities, relax on the sundecks or in the air-conditioned lounges, and of course, enjoy a delicious hot and cold buffet lunch for hungry adventurers! You'll also indulge in a tasty morning tea upon boarding, including focaccias, muffins/cake selection is served, as well as afternoon tea cakes and cheese and biscuits on the homeward journey.
Silversonic visits a selection of over 35 stunning & exclusive World Heritage reef sites at the Agincourt reefs at the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here, special reefs known as 'ribbons' run parallel to the Continental Shelf. Adjacent to the Coral Sea trench, these ribbon reefs are recognised as the most pristine eco-systems in the reef's environment. Clear water provides the best possible underwater visibility, encourages rich coral growth and supports spectacular marine life.
Agincourt Reef 1
The Agincourt reefs are a cluster of distinctively separate reefs. Located at the southern end of the reefs chain, Agincourt Reef 1 showcases rich coral diversity and marine life.
Agincourt Reef 2
From the stunning Nursery Bommie, regarded as one of the best dive sites in the region, to wall diving at Izzy's Wall, there are several unique sites Silversonic visits at Agincourt Reef 2.
Agincourt Reef 3
From sandy lagoons littered with coral pinnacles and an old fishing boat wreck at the aptly named "Wreck" site to the thrill of diving and snorkelling along a reef wall with numerous small grottos at The Gap, there's plenty of spectacular marine life and excitement at Agincourt Reef 3.
Agincourt Reef 4
Located at the Northern end of the Agincourt reef chain, Agincourt Reef 4 showcases a rich tapestry of coral and marine diversity. Experience the pretty garden site of The Three Sisters with its three prominent coral bommies to the stunning patch reef with swim-throughs at The Chapel.
Where we Visit:
Frequently Asked Questions
You will have over 5 hours at the reef sites combined.
All of the reef sites offer great ecological diversity and an abundance of marine life. Some of the commonly seen marine life includes turtles, anemonefish (Nemo), lionfish, cuttlefish, moray eels and reef sharks.
Lycra suits are available on board to reduce the possibility of stings and irritations while also offering protection from the sun.
At certain times of the year (generally November – April), jellyfish, commonly called marine stingers, can affect the seas of Northern Australia. Most jellyfish are harmless to people, however certain varieties may cause a serious reaction. Incidents involving serious marine stings in this area are extremely rare. The crew are conscious of the danger of marine stingers and will take appropriate steps to ensure your protection if they believe conditions are such that there is a possibility of encountering these creatures.
Hopefully not. Silversonic has state-of-the-art ride control systems to ensure a smoother journey. Where there is motion, however, whether in a car, bus, plane or boat, some people will suffer from motion sickness. Motion sickness medication is available onboard for purchase. Ginger tablets are available free onboard as a natural alternative.
Yes, any age is welcome accompanied by an adult, however, The Operator highly recommends that children be confident in the water. Babysitting facilities are not available onboard. The minimum age for scuba diving is 12 yrs.
Depending on the sites visited and conditions of the day, the reef sites offer a range of dive types including drift, wall, bommie, pinnacle, ledge and swim-throughs.
The dives are approximately 12 to 18 metres in depth. The Great Barrier Reef is generally not a deep dive destination, more shallow diving. As coral relies on sunlight for growth, some of the best snorkelling and diving can be done in shallow areas around the reef top.
No experience is necessary however age and medical conditions apply. The minimum age is 12 years. Some medical conditions prevent diving, for example, asthma or respiratory conditions, heart conditions, epilepsy, diabetes and certain medications. Diving is subject to medical questionnaire.
Certified divers can do up to 3 certified dives during the day. Introductory divers can do 2 dives.
If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying (to an altitude of 300 metres or greater). If doing multiple dives, an interval of 24 hours is recommended. Other activities to avoid in this period are sky diving, hot air ballooning and going to Kuranda.
- Presentation of a valid photo ID or the credit card used to book is required for verification purposes at check-in
- The minimum diving age is 12 years
- Certain medical conditions may preclude you from diving, & all participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice
- On rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should a cruise not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day of travel or a refund will be authorised
- The passenger shall comply with the instructions of the company’s servants and agents concerning all matters connected with the service and shall comply with any notice exhibited on the vessel
- You can cancel your booking up to 12 midday the day before your scheduled travel without incurring any cancellation fees. Thereafter, up to 100% cancellation fees will apply
- A change of travel date can be made to your booking without incurring any fee
Reviews for Silversonic Great Barrier Reef Intro Dive from Port Douglas
Get Instant Confirmation