- Get up to $15 cash back when you book with us
- 30 minute jet boat ride down Lake Wakatipu & the Kawarau River
- Experience 360-degree spins and stunning river views
- Discover a unique perspective of the Gibbston Valley wine region
- Exhilerating whitewater rafting down the Kawarau River
- Opportunity to try cliff jumping
- Full wetsuit clothing and rafting equipment provided
- A relaxing hot shower at the rafters lodge
- A fully comprehensive safety briefing
- Swimsuits & towels
What to Expect
Experience the best of the Kawarau River with two of Queenstown’s most iconic adventures – jet boating and whitewater rafting!
Race down the Kawarau River before your skilled driver sends you from high speeds into a 360-degree spin.
A great introduction to whitewater rafting, the four rapids on the Kawarau River are exciting and the scenery is superb.
This rafting trip is perfect for first-time rafters, families and school groups and provides a great taste of whitewater action with plenty of opportunities to splash around. You can even try a cliff jump or swim through a rapid!
Between rapids, you will experience calmer stretches of river, with a unique perspective of the historic Kawarau Bungy Bridge as your raft passes underneath. Experience the rugged Gibbston Valley wine region and Lord of the Rings country as you float through the rocky cliffs and blue waters of the Kawarau River.
The grand finale is the unforgettable 400 metre Dog Leg Rapid which is sure to leave you buzzing with adrenaline!
Frequently Asked Questions
- A swimsuit and towel
- Wetsuit booties are provided so you can wear your normal shoes to get to the rafting base.
- Anything valuable should be left behind at your accommodation.
As this is a vaccinated site, all visitors (aged 12 years, 3 months +) will need to show their Ministry of Health issued My Vaccine Pass to board. Your pass will be scanned by a team member – please have a digital or physical copy ready for this upon arrival.
All visitors must continue to scan in using the Covid Tracer app or register their visit in writing at our entry point.
If you are unwell, please stay at home and call Healthline if you’re experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Please continue good hygiene practices when visiting – sanitiser is available throughout the experiences.
During the Covid-19 restrictions, while mask wearing is mandatory, The Supplier will be replacing this requirement with the wearing of buff style face covering as they are more practical for this activity than masks, or if normal style mask then it will need to be tucked inside wetsuit.
It is essential that all parties are able to swim.
Minimum age to raft is 13 years old.
Anyone under 16 will need to be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
If you are pregnant you are unable to raft.
You must weigh between 40kg – 120kg.
Travellers with a heart condition or high/low blood pressure, including that controlled with medication, are not able to participate.
Any medical conditions must be disclosed.
- Minimum age is 13 years. Anyone under 16 will need to be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older. A child waiver must be signed by a guardian. Forms supplied at time of travel.
- It is essential that all parties are confident swimmers and comfortable in deep water.
- The weight range for rafting is 40kg – 120kg
- All rafting operates subject to suitable to river and weather conditions.
- Challenge Rafting reserves the right to alter prices, departure times and raft routes.
- Basic swimming required.
- Rafting is not permitted if you are pregnant.
- Rafting is not permitted if you have a heart condition and/or are taking heart medications.
- For safety and operational reasons, specific numbers are required in order to operate.
- A raft trip must have a minimum of 6 people, therefore The Supplier asks for you to call the day prior to departure to reconfirm your trip.
- Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be coordinated to achieve minimum numbers.
- If The Supplier does not achieve minimum numbers, they can reschedule, or cancel your booking without charge.
Reservations can be transferred to another date (subject to availability) up to 24 hours prior to departure with no transfer free incurred.
Cancellations must be received the day prior to trip departure.
No refunds will be given for no-shows or changes made less than 4 hours prior to departure.
Due to weather or river conditions, rafting may not be able to operate for safety reasons and an alternative trip date or refund will be offered.
All rafting trips require a minimum number of 8 passengers for departures. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be co-ordinated to achieve minimum numbers.
Reviews for Kawarau River Jet-To-Raft Experience
Get Instant Confirmation