Take the kids on a thrilling 9-day adventure around Costa Rica, giving them plenty of real life opportunities to learn about biology, ecology & history, with a whole lot of fun thrown in.
9 Day Costa Rica Family Experience Highlights
- Get up to 10% cash back when you book with us
- 9-day tour of Costa Rica, specifically designed for families with children
- 8 nights quality, family-friendly accommodation, with good locations & facilities
- 8 breakfasts & 1 lunch
- A mix of transport throughout the tour, including private vehicle, boat & walking
- Tortilla making and local lunch, La Fortuna
- Kayaking and paddle-boarding, La Fortuna
- A guided cloud forest night walk, Monteverde
- A guided hike in Manuel Antonio National Park
- Services of a locally-based CEO Chief Experience Officers to guide you through this exciting adventure
- Arrival transfers from the airport to your hotel
- Departs from the meeting point at Radisson San Jose-Costa Rica, Central Street & 3rd-15th Avenue, San Jose (meeting location may change, please check your final documents for the confirmed location)
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about 9 Day Costa Rica Family Experience
Costa Rica Water Activities:
- Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
- Sport Sandals or Water Shoes (if you plan to do waterfall rappelling and/or rafting)
- Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
- Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
- Passport (required) (With photocopies)
- Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
- Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
- Cash, credit and debit cards
- Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
- Ear plugs
- First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
- Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
- Fleece top/sweater
- Locks for bags
- Long pants/jeans
- Outlet adapter
- Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
- Reusable water bottle
- Small travel towel
- Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
- Watch and alarm clock
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Windproof rain jacket
Health & Safety:
- Face masks (required)
- Hand sanitizer (required)
- Pen (Please bring your own pen for filling out documents.)
- Rubber gloves
- Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
- Sun hat/bandana
We recommend using a backpack for your convenience, or a medium-sized suitcase if you prefer. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying and handling your own luggage.
Tips are not included in the tour price and tipping is entirely at your discretion.
It is customary in Latin America to tip service providers such as waiters, at approximately 10%, depending on the service. Tipping is an expected - though not compulsory - component of your tour program and an expression of satisfaction with the persons who have assisted you on your tour. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels. There are several times during the trip where there is an opportunity to tip the local guides or drivers we use. Recommendations for tipping drivers and local guides would range from $5-10 USD per day depending on the quality and length of the service; ask your CEO for specific recommendations based on the circumstances and culture.
Tipping of your Chief Experience Officer is very much appreciated. The amount is entirely a personal preference; however, as a guideline $5-7 USD per person, per day is our recommendation in the region. However, if you felt your CEO did an especially outstanding job, any additional amount will always be welcome.
This trip is designed for parents and children to enjoy together. You will be travelling as part of a group of families with other children. The itinerary has been designed with the needs of the whole family in mind, with age-appropriate activities and hotels that know families.
We have given this trip a minimum age for this trip to allow you to be sure that you have the right trip for you and your family. Minimum age of 6 years for this trip. Please see the activities for any specific minimum age requirements.
Enjoy upgraded service, with quality accommodations and more inclusions like meals, private transport, and activities. Plus the physical rating is only light, with light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
Finally, small groups with a maximum of 20 people, but an average of 10 make it much easier to keep an eye on everyone.
Reviews for 9 Day Costa Rica Family Experience
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.