- Get an authentic ninja experience in a historical samurai residence
- Listen to a lecture about the history on ninjas
- Learn to draw and sheath a sword, use a blowgun and throw ninja stars
- Relax in a natural hot spring
- Enjoy the nature and peaceful atmosphere of a mountain village
Ninja Experience and Onsen VisitHands-on Ninja training followed by a relaxing visit to a Japanaese spa
- Additional time in onsen (available for extra fee)
What to Expect
Although ninjas have a long history in Japan, their existence has long been veiled in mystery. This guided ninja tour in Hinode-machi enables you to deeply understand the history and roles of ninjas in Japanese culture. You will also get to try hands-on Ninja training on this tour. After a strenuous ninja training, you can relax with a soak in a natural hot spring located in a picturesque mountain village.
Your ninja training will be held in Tokyo's Hinode Bukeyashiki, an old residence built-in 1881 by a local millionaire. The location of your ninja training is a full-fledged traditional samurai house, which is sure to leave a lasting impression on you. Once you're there, dress up in a ninja costume, meditate in the dojo, and listen to a lecture about the history of ninjas. Starting by learning what it means to be a ninja, then gain a deeper understanding as you're taught about their roles in society.
Next, you will learn how to draw and sheath an imitation ninja sword. You will also practice using a blowgun and throwing ninja stars. Feeling the weight of the sword, and recalling the role of the ninja that you just learned to truly embody what life was like for a ninja in those days. Take some photos while striking a ninja pose inside the samurai house and in the Japanese-style garden. If you'd like, you can learn the mindset of the Japanese by visiting the Inari shrine at the back of the samurai house and learning the meaning of 'Torii' gate at Shinto shrine.
After receiving a good workout from the ninja training, you will go to Tsuru-Tsuru Onsen and enjoy a relaxing soak in a hot spring. The natural hot spring pumped up from 1500 m underground is highly alkaline and it is said to make your skin smooth and beautiful. This spa session is sure to relax both the body and the mind. As you soak, enjoy the nature and peaceful atmosphere of the mountain village.
- Change into Ninja costume (5 min.)
- Mediation/lecture on "The Rule of Ninja"
- Drawing/sheathing a sword (10 min.)
- Blowgun (10 min.)
- Ninja stars (10 min.)
- Photo session (10 min.)
- Briefing on Japanese culture (optional /10 min.)
- Go to Tsuru-Tsuru Onsen (20 min.)
- Soak in a hot spring and relax (30-60 min.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: Tokyo Hinode Bukeyashiki / 5107, Oguno, Hinode-machi Nishitama-gun, Tokyo, 190-0181
- By train
- Shinjuku station?JR Chuo Line 25 min?
- Tachikawa station?JR Ome Line 30 min?
- Ome station - 5 minutes by taxi (2,000 yen for one way)
- By car
- A 20-minute drive from Ken-O Expressway or Metropolitan Inter-City Expressway "Hinode IC"
- By train
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- An extra charge of 210 yen per hour will apply if you stay Tsuru-Tsuru Onsen for more than 3 hours.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely