- Easily accessible from Dogo Onsen
- The traditional way of sake making at a sake brewery with more than 120 years of history
- Visit the Minakuchi Shuzo's shop and main house, a registered tangible cultural property as a modern Japanese-style building in Ehime
- Drink and compare different kinds of sake and Dogo beer at "DOGO STANDING BAR - Bekkan"
- Create an original label and take the labeled sake back home as a souvenir
Minakuchi Shuzo Brewery Tour and Tasting in MatsuyamaVisit a traditional sake brewery with more than 120 years of history, and taste their local sake and beer
What to Expect
This sake brewery is located close to the popular tourist attraction "Dogo Onsen", which is always crowded with many tourists. Minachuki Shuzo brewery is a great destination after sightseeing in Dogo. This sake brewery, with a history of over a hundred years, features its mellow sake made from carefully selected and polished local rice suitable for sake making There is also a local "Dogo Beer" being manufactured since 1996.
This tour starts with an explanation of the history of Minakuchi Sake Brewing and the characteristics of their sake making. Next, you will visit the Minakuchi's shop and main house, a registered tangible cultural property as a modern Japanese-style building of Ehime. Immerse yourself in a modern architecture unique to the Taisho era (1912-1926) of Japan.
Then you will taste the natural water necessary for sake making. Excellent water from Nikitatsu is used for sake making. After visiting the sake brewery and beer factory, it's time to drink and compare different kinds of sake and also Dogo Beer at "DOGO STANDING BAR - Bekkan" just in front of Dogo Onsen Asukanoyu. 2 kinds of sake, 2 kinds of beer and a snack are ready for you to try.
Lastly, you will create an original label for a sake bottle. The label you made is put onto the bottle and you can take it back home as a souvenir. If you are hungry, you can eat at the neighbouring restaurant "Nikitatsu-an" (optional).
- Visit the main house
- Visit sake brewery & beer factory
- DOGO STANDING BAR - Bekkan
- Tasting sake and beer
- Label making, tasting sake
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely