- Experience Japan's best surfing on Tanegashima Island, which is also home to caves, forests, and the Tanegashima Space Center
- Half-day surf school (about 2 hours)
- Half-day surf guide (about 4 hours)
- Option to stay overnight with dinner and breakfast included
Tanegashima Island Surf School, Plus AccomodationExperience this sacred Japanese island for surfing!
What to Expect
Tanegashima Island is a southwest island of Japan with big waves and great surf. It's located between Honshu, the main island, and Okinawa. It's been named one of Japan's best surf islands and hosts international competitions for the pros.
On this tour, you can choose to do a half-day surf school (about 2 hours) or a half-day surf guide (about 4 hours), with the option to stay overnight.
The half-day surf school includes a professional surf staff who will teach you all you how to stand up and experience the waves like a pro. This is a great option for beginners.
If you're on the road to becoming the next Kelly Slater and love surfing, the half-day surf guide may be the right option for you. A pro surfer will show you the best locations to catch a wave, plus add in a little technical advice (kind of like a coach) to help you get the most out of the experience.
This tour also offers options to upgrade to a full day of surfing with a BBQ dinner to replenish your appetite. We know you'll love Tanegashima Island. It sits right on the beach and offers the perfect paradise for surfers and ocean lovers.
- 15:00-17:00 Check-in and stay overnight at Zen House, Tanegashima Island
- 7: 00-9: 00 Breakfast
- 10:00 After checking out, your surf experience begins depending on your reservation time
- Surfing location introduction, rules when riding the waves, practice surfing and paddling
- End time depends on your reservation time
Option to upgrade your tour:
You can change the half-day experience to one of the following — please advise when booking:
- One-day surfing course (for beginners). Duration: about 8 hours. This course gives you time to become a pro with the whole day out on the water learning the basics.
- Full-day surfing course (for experienced surfers). Duration: about 8 hours. This course allows experienced surfers to enjoy the waves for the whole day.
Zeus Create Co., Ltd. Zeus House
8724-31, Genna, Nishinoomote-shi, Kagoshima-ken, 891-3101
Check-in: 15:00 to 17:00
Check out: 10:00
- Single (2 rooms)
- Double (2 rooms)
- Family (1 room), Twin (1 room)
- Deluxe Twin (1 room)
- Annex (Japanese room) (2 rooms)
- Mixed Dormitory (8 beds)
In each room
Breakfast is a Japanese set meal. The lounge (breakfast area) can be used as a relaxing space for guests. Dinner (BBQ) is available as an added option. Please select at the time of booking.
Private room: Bath, toilet, kettle, refrigerator, safe, various amenities
Dormitory: Bath, toilet, washbasin, locker, a bedside outlet for charging, bedside light, curtain partitions
Shared space: Rooftop terrace, lounge, kitchen, high-speed Wi-Fi, kitchen, dishes/condiments, fridge, astronomical telescope
On-site cafe, restaurant, bar: Open from 11:00 to 15:00, 18:00 to 21:30
Things to note:
- The minimum number of participants is one person and up to five people
- Accompanying licensed guide-interpreter or local licensed guide-interpreter
- Language support: Guide (staff) and menu instructions are available in English
- Items to bring: Swimwear, T-shirts, beach sandals, towels
- The tour will arrange for taxis and car rental free of charge. Please enquire in advance about setting up local transportation
- This tour is available for children 3 years old and up. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- We may refuse to enroll some children due to their height, weight, or health conditions of the day
- The hotel may contact you for confirmation regarding the details of the reservation
- We will inform you of the available slots for activities when you arrive at the hotel, depending on the ocean conditions.
- The activities may be canceled due to bad weather. Be sure to fill in your mobile phone number in the remarks column, as it is necessary for us to contact you in case of cancellation
- When booking, please enter the desired start time of your activities. Please note that we may not be able to make a reservation during the desired time of the day
This tour's advertised price and net rate does not include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 20 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour - 20%
- 7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour - 30%
- The day before the departure date of the tour - 40%
- On the day of the departure date of the tour - 50%
- After the tour departed, no show - 100%
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely