- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Relaxing, scenic drive to Matamata over the Bombay Hills and through the beautiful Hauraki Plains
- 2 hour fully-guided Hobbiton Movie Set Tour, where you can imagine living in The Shire alongside Bilbo & Frodo
- Plenty of time to explore Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill and other amazing set structures
- A specially brewed drink from The Green Dragon Inn once the tour comes to an end
- Convenient pick up and drop off from all downtown CBD Auckland accommodation
- Knowledgeable local guide with outstanding knowledge of Hobbiton and the surrounding areas
- Small groups for a more personalised experience and no overcrowding
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Take a magical journey across the Shire from the Lord of the Rings! Hear filming secrets from behind the scenes and see if you can spot any Hobbits along the way. This magical trip takes you deep into Hobbiton and the fascinating Lord of the Rings story.
Pickups from Auckland CBD hotels begin at 6am. Then, you'll drive from Auckland out towards Matamata, where Hobbiton awaits! The set is situated on a family-run farm, and as you drive, you'll see hints of the famous scenery emerge.
Infants (0yr-3yrs) will be charged at $75.00
Once you arrive, you'll see exactly how this beautiful piece of farmland has been transformed into The Shire from Middle Earth. Step into the lush pastures and wander around the tiny houses. Peek in the windows and make sure you get a selfie in front of the famous green door. Spend time exploring the Hobbit Holes, The Mill, the kitchen and enjoy hearing stories about the movie from your guide. They'll also point out tiny details and explain how the movie was made.
After wandering The Shire to your heart's content, it's time to make a stop at the Green Dragon Inn. Enjoy a complimentary drink here and warm yourself by the roaring fire. It feels just like you're in the movie! You'll also have time to visit the Shire Store, which features an extensive selection of souvenirs to remind you of your visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set.
On the return journey to Auckland, you'll drive through some of New Zealand's most beautiful countryside, including the majestic Waikato River (the longest river in New Zealand), Ngaruawahia (home of the Maori King) and Taupiri (a sacred Maori burial ground), before arriving back in Auckland at approximately 1:30 pm.
Infants (0yr to 3yrs) - $75.00
Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
What do I need to bring?
- Please check the weather and dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a water bottle
What is the departure time and location?
All tours include a free pick-up and drop-off from downtown (CBD) city accommodation. Or at the front entrance of Sky City Hotel. If you stay outside the city perimeter, please meet us at the entrance of Sky City Hotel. If you are driving your own vehicle, please meet us there too. The pickups are between 6 and 6.30 am depending on the number of accommodations.
What is the return time and location?
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at your downtown (CBD) city accommodation or at the front entrance of Sky City Hotel. The drop offs are around 1:30 pm.
What is the group size?
You will be in a group of a maximum of 14 people.
Is there an age limit on this tour?
Please let us know in the special instructions if your child is under 7 years old.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The booking is only confirmed when you receive the confirmation from the tour operator
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours run in all weather conditions so please wear appropriate clothing
Please note that the bookings for this tour are processed manually so there might be a slight delay in confirmation from the tour operator.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations 7 days or more before departure: No fee
- Cancellations between 6 and 4 days of departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations within 3 days of departure: 100% of the cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions