- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- An exciting full-day small-group rock climbing tour to Port Hills, including the use of all gear & safety equipment
- Access to more than 2,000 climbing routes, making this great for both beginners & experienced climbers
- The chance to try abseiling off one of the crags
- A picnic lunch, served at the crag (climbing area), plus morning & afternoon tea
- The services of a passionate & friendly guide, who will teach you climbing basics & set up each climb
- Transport onboard a comfortable & airconditioned minibus
- Convenient return transfers from selected Christchurch CBD accommodation or a central meeting place (Canterbury Museum, Princess Margarate Hospital or Lyttleton Port)
Christchurch Rock Climbing TourSpend a day on the Port Hills at one of Christchurch’s most spectacular climbing areas – it's great for both beginners & experience climbers.
What to Expect
Spend a day on the Port Hills at one of Christchurch's most spectacular climbing areas. If you're entirely new to climbing and want to give it a go or a seasoned climber looking for some local tips, this is the trip for you.
From the city centre, it's a 30 min drive up to the rock climbing area. The drive up the hill will take you through some of Christchurch's most affluent suburbs, affording uninterrupted views from the Pacific Ocean to the Southern Alps in the west.
The climbing areas used are scattered across the summit of an enormous extinct volcano that formed Banks Penninsula and Lyttelton Harbour. With over 2000 established climbing routes, Christchurch is one of the largest and most popular climbing areas in New Zealand.
From the carpark, it's only a short walk to the crag (climbing area). Your guide will set up the ropes and give you a safety briefing and belay lesson before you start your first climb. Once you're feeling confident with the climbing systems, they will help you to improve your technique. Throughout the day, your guide will continue to set up climbs that will be challenging, achievable and safe for the group.
You'll also enjoy lunch up at the crag overlooking either Christchurch City or Lyttelton Harbour.
After lunch, you'll get to have a go at abseiling, where you will have the opportunity to lower yourself off one of the crags. If you're keen on some more climbing or abseiling, your guide will be happy to find the perfect spot to finish the day.
Where we Visit:
- Port Hills
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Operator is happy to collect you from Lyttelton port.
Yes. They will collect you from your accommodation or one of the central meeting spots.
Yes, they will provide morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea.
Prior experience is not necessary.
The largest group with one guide is eight people.
- A tour may be cancelled by The Operator because of but not limited to the following reasons: Bad/un-suitable weather conditions, natural disasters, road closures, availability of staff, political or social unrest
- The Operator is not responsible for clients’ travel insurance
- The Operator is not responsible for clients’ medical insurance
- The Operator is not responsible for participants’ personal belongings at any time
Cancellation of a confirmed booking will incur the following fees:
- Cancellations made more than 14 days in advance will receive a 100% refund less the $50 non-refundable booking fee
- Cancellations made between 7-14 days prior to the scheduled tour date will receive an 80% refund less the $50 non-refundable booking fee
- Cancellations made more than 24 hrs in advance but less than 7 days before the scheduled tour date will receive a 50% refund less the $50 non-refundable booking fee
- Cancellations made with less than 24hrs notice are not provided with a refund
Postponements/transfers are at the discretion of The Operator, subject to availability of places on the requested tour date and the availability of staff.
- A transfer fee of $50 per participant will be applied.
- Transfer/postponement schedule:
- Postponements/transfers made more than 14 days in advance – Available
- Postponements/transfers made between 7-14 days prior to the scheduled tour date – Available upon request and approval by Adventure By Nature
- Postponements/transfers made more than 24hrs hrs in advance but less than 7 days before the scheduled tour date – Available by request and approval by The Operator for Day trips only
- Cancellations made with less than 24hrs notice are not provided with a refund – Unavailable
- Canterbury Museum (Christchurch City Center)
- Lyttleton Port (Shore Excursion pick-up)
- Princess Margaret Hospital (free all day parking)
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely